Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a middle of the road HJC and it sucks. I would but an Arai, Shoie or AGV, adn definitley spend some cash adn get a good one. It makes all teh diffrence in teh world, road/motorcycle noise, ventilation and protection.

PGH, PA

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
As for the helmet, i have an air5 HJC and it absorbs noise at pretty well. It came with those noise dampening pads (as i call them) but i've never felt the need to use them.

NYC potholes SUCK!

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I have a HJC FG-12 crevier replica.. its not too noisy, but I'm having trouble with my face shield opening up on me when I look over my shoulder at highway speeds, getting a blast of wind in the face like that is no fun :(

I have been happy with this helmet overall, very comfortable, doesn't fog up to bad.

Im thinking my next helmet might be KBC..

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
i haven't gotten my bike from the dealership yet but i still need to buy riding gear. i was thinking of getting a helmet, gloves, and a jacket. my question is how much noise from wind buffering do the HJC helmets make. also i'm thinking of getting a joe rocket speedmaster jacket and wonder how much noise is made from the speed hump and the vents/intakes on your shoulders.

i am so moving somewhere where the riding season is longer!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Zemenar, post your thoughts on the Suomy when you get a few rides in would ya... been checking 'em out lately as a possible second / backup helmet... they look good.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have a KBC VR1 Euro Graphics... its a very nice helmet for the price... not noisy at all and very comfortable.. i'm glad i chose it..

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally posted by spartan 116

i haven't gotten my bike from the dealership yet but i still need to buy riding gear. i was thinking of getting a helmet, gloves, and a jacket. my question is how much noise from wind buffering do the HJC helmets make. also i'm thinking of getting a joe rocket speedmaster jacket and wonder how much noise is made from the speed hump and the vents/intakes on your shoulders.

ear plugs

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a HJC FG-12 and I'm telling you it's a great helmet.
I have a Shoei and I bought this HJC to use it to school coz I don't wanna damage my Shoei. But surprisingly, the FG-12 fits me great, not as great as Shoei though, and I can't tell the difference in noise with the Shoei. For only $140 composite fiber helmet, HJC FG-12 is a great helmet.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
thanks for the imput. i got a HJC CL-14 on the weekend along with a hjc jacket, technik gloves, and some italian boots[8D](dunno what kind, can't remember):).
but woe is me [B)] my course is next weekend and i was planning on picking up my bike BUT THERE'S BLOODY SNOW POURING FROM THE SKY.[}:)][}:)] gah i'm mortally wounded. why did this have to happen during my first riding season.
ah well i'm going outside to melt snow with a hairdrier for a bit;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.