Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, another newbie here :p I'm still in the process of getting my gear for the Motorcycle Safety course and I'm stuck in between 2 lids! I'm looking for safety first, followed by comfort, cost and ventilation. I've narrowed it down to the Scorpion EXO 750 and Shoei rf1100. I was just wondering if the Shoei is really worth the extra $200?

Thanks for any/all input :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forums! I'm new as well and I went with the Shoei rf1100 (warlord). After reading all the reviews, it seemed as thought the Shoei was more comfortable and quiet. I can say it's lived up to the hype. I LOVE my helmet. It was tight on the cheeks at first but after a couple of rides, it fits perfect. I've been riding these past few days in the 80's and 90's and the ventilation is good (I don't even break a sweat). The sheild has three settings.. lock, normal, and cracked open. That last setting actually pushes the shield a tiny bit away from the helmet letting more air in. Of course, it has a ton of notches as well in case you want to lift it up part way. Shoei also makes different sized shells for their different sized helmets. Most companies have one shell with different sized pads. This works, but for me, I look like a bobblehead wearing them. This helmet is just the right size. Oh, and it's lightweight too. All in all, I really like it. Unfortunately, I haven't tried the Scorpion helmets so I cannot comment on them. I've had an HJC ATV helmet and snowmobile helmet in the past and they don't even compare. They feel so 'cheap' compared to the Shoei. If you have the money for it, it's worth it. Just don't drop it. Spending more on a helmet, I'm realizing, makes me extremely careful with it. Just dropping a helmet from waist-high can ruin it so be careful.

Again, welcome to the forums and ride safe! Glad to see you're planning on wearing your gear. I wear all my gear all the time.. even in 90 degree weather. :)

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
A helmet is a helmet, both of those will do the job. If you want a more plush helmet with better features then spend the extra $200 but comfort can be attained even in the lower priced helmets and extra safety isn't what your extra $200 or whatever monies is buying you. Just ensure your helmet is DOT certified otherwise the MSF won't accept it and states with helmet laws will write you a ticket for no helmet.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, welcome to the forums! I'm new as well and I went with the Shoei rf1100 (warlord). After reading all the reviews, it seemed as thought the Shoei was more comfortable and quiet. I can say it's lived up to the hype. I LOVE my helmet. It was tight on the cheeks at first but after a couple of rides, it fits perfect. I've been riding these past few days in the 80's and 90's and the ventilation is good (I don't even break a sweat). The sheild has three settings.. lock, normal, and cracked open. That last setting actually pushes the shield a tiny bit away from the helmet letting more air in. Of course, it has a ton of notches as well in case you want to lift it up part way. Shoei also makes different sized shells for their different sized helmets. Most companies have one shell with different sized pads. This works, but for me, I look like a bobblehead wearing them. This helmet is just the right size. Oh, and it's lightweight too. All in all, I really like it. Unfortunately, I haven't tried the Scorpion helmets so I cannot comment on them. I've had an HJC ATV helmet and snowmobile helmet in the past and they don't even compare. They feel so 'cheap' compared to the Shoei. If you have the money for it, it's worth it. Just don't drop it. Spending more on a helmet, I'm realizing, makes me extremely careful with it. Just dropping a helmet from waist-high can ruin it so be careful.

Again, welcome to the forums and ride safe! Glad to see you're planning on wearing your gear. I wear all my gear all the time.. even in 90 degree weather. :)
I plan on wearing my gear EVERY TIME! lol & thanks that's exactly why i was considering that helmet i'm glad to hear it lives up to the hype and ventilates

A helmet is a helmet, both of those will do the job. If you want a more plush helmet with better features then spend the extra $200 but comfort can be attained even in the lower priced helmets and extra safety isn't what your extra $200 or whatever monies is buying you. Just ensure your helmet is DOT certified otherwise the MSF won't accept it and states with helmet laws will write you a ticket for no helmet.
It's DOT & ECE 22 certified :cool: i've just gotta try both on again and see which one is more comfortable/a better fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts