Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may or may not get flamed for asking this question, but who out there uses their helmet straps? Ill strap up if im doing some hard riding, but if im on local streets i dont uses them. I know this may not be safe but what can i say. And on a side note i know how important it is to wear gloves but i just dont feel comfortable with them when i ride. Any suggestions fellas??

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Are you serious?! ALWAYS use helmet straps. One hit on the road and that helmet is coming off if you don't. Why would somebody not take 5 seconds to strap up? It could definitely save your life!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Why would you even ask such a stupid question?!

I'm sure after you fall off you'll start straping up and wearing gloves.

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
Dude! How lazy can you be? Just strap on the friggen helmet! The helmet will fall off if it's not strapped. Even riding down the highway, I've felt it pull up pretty strongly. I'm not sure if the wind would be enough to make it fall off at highway speeds, but I think there's a good chance it would come up enough to temporarily blind me.

The only time I went riding without the straps is when I some how forgot. I pulled over when I felt them slapping me in the neck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Why would you even ask such a stupid question?!

I'm sure after you fall off you'll start straping up and wearing gloves.
+1

There are so many types of gloves out there, you gotta be able to find one that ya like! After a crash the use of your hands would be great!!

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Your lid is virtually useless unless it fits correctly and is STRAPPED SECURELY. Sheesh.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i knew the flames were coming lol, i will definately start strapping up. Man i was just curious, thats how we learn by asking right?? As for the gloves i know there importance, i just havent found the right fit yet, didnt mean to imply that i was against wearing them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
NEWS FLASH “ RIDDING MOTORCYCLES IS DANGEROUS”

LOL…. this is funny "i just dont feel comfortable with them when i ride" what would be uncomfortable is sliding on your palms and knuckles for 60 feet or so., but hey at least your head would be protected right.....oh wait you didn't take 5 seconds to secure the helmet to your head therefore on impact it flies off your head. And then you grind your scalp and skull away, and die in an accident that you could have possibly walked away from or at least survived. But hey I'm old dude so maybe I’m just too cautious. Be safe man protect yourself when you ride,and for gods sake ware a condom. LOL

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
to me strapping the helmet is like second nature. i do it without thinking of it.

but i don't wear gloves in the summer, just winter. and yes i've had my hands look like hamburger from stunting the dirtbike in a parking lot. so i now wear them when stunting. i have joe rocket leather, and kawasaki leather w/ carbon knuckles. both in lime green/black :D

·
Registered
717 Posts
and to think i was going to ask where in houston you are cause im looking for people to ride with. but on second thought i really dont like looking at brains, seen it once (not from bikes) and never want to see it again. and your last statement about how your gonna start to strap up, i think is bullshit. after a couple posts of people telling you things that you already know (if you didnt know you wouldnt worry about flaming) you say ok ill change my whole ridding style. your a tool.[xx(]

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by usmc636
and to think i was going to ask where in houston you are cause im looking for people to ride with. but on second thought i really dont like looking at brains, seen it once (not from bikes) and never want to see it again. and your last statement about how your gonna start to strap up, i think is bullshit. after a couple posts of people telling you things that you already know (if you didnt know you wouldnt worry about flaming) you say ok ill change my whole ridding style. your a tool.[xx(]
Did you even bother reading the first post? I didnt say i never strapped up, i simply said if im on local streets(like in the neighborhood) i dont tend to do it. and the comment about the gloves was implying that i havent found any that are a good fit yet. dam chill out. And strapping up more is far from "changing my whole riding style" wtf??

·
Registered
757 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Echo...004QQitemZ140017187661QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

THE SHIT!

I've had (and have) them on every one of my helmets, I can't imagine doing away without one. Any bike shop in my area has them right at the parts counter.

EDIT: as far as gloves, I truly feel uncomfortable without them, stock grips suck, plus all the vibration... what you really should do is find a pair of gloves that you're comfortable in. Don't buy online, try on as many as you can first. My favourite are Icon Tarmac (older model).

·
Registered
748 Posts
what is the sense in wearing the helmet if you're not going to wear it properly??
the only times i ride with the helmet UNSTRAPPED is when i'm riding from the garage (back 9 of our apt community) to my apartment in preperation for a ride. and that's usually because it's easier to carry it that way and the rest of my gear is at the apt.

[:M74]

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.