Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gentlemen,

I'm from Texas and am looking for a helmet that caters to our hot weather. My goal is to keep the price under $200. I'm looking for a basic white color, nothing fancy. Just one that is lightweight with some good ventalation.

Thanks gents!

Have a great day
D

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Buy one that is comfortable. If it's comfy to you, you'll wear it. Sweat isn't as bad as blood.

--David

·
Registered
132 Posts
Man with the temps at 107 like we had last week, I can't think of any helmet good enough to vent that. Dwillits is right just buy something comfy. I've done cheapo helmets and now have Arai and the only diff is comfort which at the end of the day is worth alot more.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
There is no helmet that will be a noticeable difference in that heat while you are in traffic.. just get one you like and that's the best option for you..

I've been through many helmets living in Hawaii.. they all make me sweat the same.

·
Banned
193 Posts
I have a Nitro helmet and the ventilation is increadible. Dryes my contact in my eyes, very comfortable too. you should try one.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
if you are really worried about getting hot just get a 3/4 style helmet, they will still protect your head for the most part and they are usually really cheap. 60 bucks
they are dot approved *shrug*

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wear a Scorpion (exo-400) and love it becaus it fits my head like it was custom designed for me. Ventilation is ok, I can't feel air moving but my head doesn't sweat too much so I assume it's doing what it should. The 700's supposedly have a slightly better venting system than the 400's, too.

At the end of the day, as others have said, how a helmet fits should be your first priority, everything is tied for second. Stick with a known brand and you'll be fine. Differences in ventilation between decent lids in high heat is going to be negligible unless you get a real dog. Try on different brands and go with the one that fits the best.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I wear a Scorpion (exo-400) and love it becaus it fits my head like it was custom designed for me. Ventilation is ok, I can't feel air moving but my head doesn't sweat too much so I assume it's doing what it should. The 700's supposedly have a slightly better venting system than the 400's, too.

At the end of the day, as others have said, how a helmet fits should be your first priority, everything is tied for second. Stick with a known brand and you'll be fine. Differences in ventilation between decent lids in high heat is going to be negligible unless you get a real dog. Try on different brands and go with the one that fits the best.
yes i agree. i like Scorpion helmets too. here is a link to some helmets well under 200 bucks. hope this hopes.

http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/CTGY/exo-400graphics

·
Kawi for Life!
1,610 Posts
I think you should use the search function and search the 6 million other threads just like this one!

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
if you are really worried about getting hot just get a 3/4 style helmet, they will still protect your head for the most part and they are usually really cheap. 60 bucks
they are dot approved *shrug*

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
this one would be pretty cool (literally) but i dont know how well it would protect in a crash

Attachments

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I'm a big fan of Bell helmets. The Sprint and Apex are both under $200 and offer features you don't see on helmets for that price. Solid white is a hard color to find though. Bell has a solid silver and the Apex white "Ripper" or white "Yakuza", which are pretty neat. They have one of the best "venting" profiles of any lid on the market and I have yet to feel hot in one of them.

http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/CTGY/bellapex

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Still not a sticky, huh??

--David

1 - 20 of 23 Posts