Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so we all know about the wave that motorcyclist's give one another to acknowledge two wheels up. Most of know the helmet tap on we give one another on the mtn/canyon whatever our favorite twisties may be to warn about up coming LEO's. But shouldn't we have a sign to give if that same spot is all clear? A small group i ride with have been talking about this for a while and we justed decided to go with the thumbs up as the all clear sign. just passing it along or if there is a sign please post up. We gotta look out for one another.

·
Powerhungry
38,368 Posts
unless i get a head tap, or headlight flash, i assume all clear.

in fact..on my recent LONG trip, we had a headlight flash potentially save us.
i thought it was just the bumpy road. glad that my buddy took it as a warning. we slowed a bit(still speeding a little i think...)
and about a mile or so later....passed an oncoming trooper.

·
Moderhater
62,425 Posts
the brotherhood of sport bike and most motorcyclist is an awesome thing! I love how just about all riders look out for the next guy passing them the otherway.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
the brotherhood of sport bike and most motorcyclist is an awesome thing! I love how just about all riders look out for the next guy passing them the otherway.
Funny you mentioned that. I just got back from Deals Gap and I would get a helmet tap from all of the naked and sport bike riders when the police were on the mountain. The cruiser guys wouldn't do a damn thing. I guess they wanted the sport bike riders to get caught speeding. Also, anyone been up there lately? My first trip was 4 years ago and have been up there 4 times since. Each time there are more and more cruisers up there. This last time it was dominated by cruisers. And because of this, most of them had the "attitude".

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Thumbs up here in Cali. I also noticed that a lot of cruiser guys don't do the helmet tap. Almost got me caught doing just a LITTLE over the speed limit. Fortunately for me he got the guy on a Duc that blew by me like I was standing still a couple miles down the road.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
I do the thumbs up thing too, but it doesn't seem that people know what it means. I think most people just think I'm giving approval of their bike or something.

But you are right, we need a universal symbol for all clear other than thumbs up. Thumbs up is too vague. We need something unmistakable like the helmet tap.

How about we use the "OK" symbol?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I do the thumbs up thing too, but it doesn't seem that people know what it means. I think most people just think I'm giving approval of their bike or something.

But you are right, we need a universal symbol for all clear other than thumbs up. Thumbs up is too vague. We need something unmistakable like the helmet tap.

How about we use the "OK" symbol?

i've always taken this as the sign for "wanna smoke some herb"....i guess thats just the pot head in me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts