Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i kinda lean towards shoei, they're comfortable for my big ass head.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hopefully all of you out there are wearing a helmet so all of you will have an opinion about them. I'm helmetless after selling it with my gsxr. I'm now am the proud owner of a red 97 6r. It didn't match anyway. I've had AGV and SHOEI in the past and both were nice lids. Arai's are way too expensive for my budget. I'm leaning toward the SHOEI Z-II Viking but i've seen alot of guys wearing HJC. The HJC's top helmet sells for about $200 and has the Yates replica's as well as the King Mingus. Any thoughts or opinions/likes or dislikes

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
If you don't want to shell out for an Arai (the nicest bucket I've ever put on my lid), have a look at the new Suomy's... they look sweet, do VERY well in crash tests, and have a reasonable ticket on them. They feel comfy too...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
537 Posts
How much are you looking to spend? Arai is very nice, I just got corsair myself. Soumy are also great. I wanted top end ventilation and removable liner. For me that limited helmets to high end Arai, Shoei, and Soumy. I liked corsair wired the best. (Comes in red, black, and blue)

ZX6R-J1 2000

·
Registered
23 Posts
Shoei is the make for me, I've had AGV, Shark, Nolan in the past but have come back to Shoei. It depends on which one fits the shape of your bonce best first and foremost.

A few racers here in the UK are wearing (and testing) the HJC which always gives a lid some cred in my book.

Arai is top but does not suit my bonce as good as the Shoei.

You get what you pay for and if you've a £10 head you wear a £10 hat!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an hjc. it fit nice when i got it but they pack out real quik. I tied my buddies arai on and its the most comfortable lid i ever tried. Definately wirth the $$$$$ if you can do it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
What I have learned is this.... You get what you pay for when it comes to helmets. I myself prefer Arai, primarily because I have a rounder head. The Shoei tends to fit bigger oval headed people a lot better than the Arai. Motorcycle Consumer News did a nice piece on Helmets about 1 1/2 years ago (if you can find the article.. I might still have it).

However, HJC is an up-and-coming company which is really making a name for itself. I have not personally tried (nor crash-tested)any of their products. My buddy has a Shoei Z-II and he loves it. But for the price of a Z-II I think you can get an Arai Quantum/f (if you're willing to shop around).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Anyone have any experience with the ICON helmets. I think they might be a relatively new company. Sweet looking helments, cheap too($180). I've never seen one in person so i'm wondering about comfort.

www.rideicon.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.