Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spent a week in Florida, and saw a whole lot of guys on all sorts of bikes. I know there's not a helmet law in Florida, but I did notice something. There were a ton of Harley guys not wearing helmets (duh), but pretty much 95-100% of the sportbike riders had lids and jackets on... even the Squid-zuki guys! [:p] Way to go FL riders!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yeah... the Harley riders here are all about the image. My uncle was leaving his house without wearing a helmet on his fatboy and some jackass side swiped him (other guy's fault) and then tried to sue him. Uncle still has a bum knee and doesn't ride much anymore. He ate glass and was real beat up. And he was lucky.

Sport bikes are not an exception though. I was going to lunch on Tuesday and saw some dude on a GSXR1000 riding (no helmet) in shorts and a muscle shirt and smoking a cigarette... what the?

Too many numbnuts down here thinking nothing will happen.

N

·
0 Posts
strange. i always see the suzuki people (and other bikes as well) either not wearing any gear or wearing gear EXCEPT for a helmet [:M77]

·
Registered
167 Posts
^^^ Same thing. On thursday nights at the wing house. I guess cause there trying to pick up chicks there so they try to look cool. I dont know though, driving home, in Florida, at night after drinking, and no helmet, kinda scary. But yeah, Hardly ever see Harley riders with helmets or anything other than a leather vest. What is the point of the leather vest anyways? But all the sportbike riders I know, (Kawi guys)myself included, are like gear Nazis For good reason. Crazy ass old people.[:M73]

·
Registered
373 Posts
Originally posted by turbomike
^^^ Same thing. On thursday nights at the wing house. I guess cause there trying to pick up chicks there so they try to look cool. I dont know though, driving home, in Florida, at night after drinking, and no helmet, kinda scary. But yeah, Hardly ever see Harley riders with helmets or anything other than a leather vest. What is the point of the leather vest anyways? But all the sportbike riders I know, (Kawi guys)myself included, are like gear Nazis For good reason. Crazy ass old people.[:M73]
[:++1][:M98]Fl. gear nazis unite!!!!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
yeah, most of the squidsuckies are sporting their helmets on the back. right where they should be in an accident.

·
Registered
824 Posts
well just an update on this thread since we are having bikeweek in Daytona...down here in melbourne when people were riding their motorcycles harleys and sportbikes, everyone of them I saw had no helmet on..the closest to a helmet I saw was a half helmet..no gear at all except for the harleys wearing the leather that makes them look like the village people..on the sportbikes they were riding 2 up just shades, shirts, shorts and shoes..it may be cool to do that but if you want to leave yourself open like that then you've got more balls than me

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Highrolln I will say all the idiots around Daytona right now are not all FL riders now. You have the yuppies from around the state trucking their bikes down there to get them some nice Krystal burgers and ride around in their flipflops ;)

I think the problem is that people are to concerned with image and that they want to be "cool".

·
Registered
117 Posts
i see it on a daily basis in clearwater, it seems 4 out of 5 wear either gear and no lid or no gear and no lid.

i did it one time and ill, never do it again[xx(]

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'd say its about half and half around here. Usually 95% of harley riders arent wearin helmets, and half of sportbiker's i see have gear on. Ppl ask me, arent you hot wearin that jacket and jeans? I just tell them i'd rather sweat then lose skin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.