Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i ride a Blue 08 Zx6r, and I normally ride with a black icon jacket and just a black helmet. I wanted to get a helmet with possibly a little color to spice up my life. I found a Blue (HJC Slayer) helmet, but I am not to sure if the color matches... Could someone tell me if this would match or look stupid if i bought to match my bike? Does anyone know who makes helmets to match that specific blue?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
need another helmet.... mine fell off a cabinet in the garage.... i need somethin lol... i guess it wouldnt hurt to grab another black, it does indeed go good with anything... nevermind then forget it, Black it is...

·
Registered
23 Posts
A dropped helmet isn't necessarily done for. The foam has to compact for it to be unsafe and that's difficult to do without anything inside the helmet to cause the compression. Most top-end helmet brands let you send them for a free analysis to determine if it needs replacement or not.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
A dropped helmet isn't necessarily done for. The foam has to compact for it to be unsafe and that's difficult to do without anything inside the helmet to cause the compression. Most top-end helmet brands let you send them for a free analysis to determine if it needs replacement or not.
The man speaks the truth.

Comfort and protection before aesthetics.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree very much so, ill just get the helmet checked out then, Someone just told me to go get a new helmet and said for me to see if i could get one to match my bike, im not to much in the matching but thought mabe they made them in my color. But if my helmet is still good then F*ck dumping money on a new helmet lol.... thank you very much for your input/advice. =) much appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Damage might not be visible and chipping isn't a trustworthy indicator. If it fell on a hard surface from more than six feet I'd send it in for inspection. Good luck with your future dome piece.

·
Registered
165 Posts
As previously said...seriously??? :rolleyes: Matching helmet to bike? Matching leathers too by any chance? Next thing you'll be shouting "Go, go Power Ranger".

:Laughing rolling:

My bike is Kawa green, but I have a plain black Shark S500, I have a red/yellow Shark RSR, I have a black/grey KBC Speed Demon, I have a black/red/white HJC IS-16 and a black Airoh P200. No green on any of them!! Why would I want to?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I used to be in the matching helmet camp, but then I began to see all the crazy (awesome) designs in various colors. It was then I realized your helmet should be you; let your leathers match instead.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
I contrast, blue bikes with yellow helmet, but I have a black one too but it's the Rossi celeb-8 helmet.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I prefer to contrast as well. I think it's helps you stand out a bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I say do what makes you feel good. Obviously some here are against matching helmets and bikes but at the end of the day it's your money. I personally like it when helmet and bike match but I don't think any less of a rider who chooses not to do so. It's all personal preference.

·
Registered
684 Posts
it's hard to match, dead on, the kawi candy surf blue. I think the HJC helmet you picked out is fine.

I really liked this AGV helmet and graphic and it happened to be blue (my bike is blue too)... it's a darker blue, still looks great.

lots of ppl match, lots of ppl don't. do want you want to do.

Attachments

·
Veteran Lowsider
20,840 Posts
Matching is over rated, people tell me my outfit looks like a power ranger / christmas tree but IDGAF

I like contradicting my colors

note thats the only pic of my bike mint with me on it

·
Registered
19 Posts
I say do what makes you feel good. Obviously some here are against matching helmets and bikes but at the end of the day it's your money.
+1
Don't let everybody's opinion sway you, if you want a helmet thats gonna match your bike then get it. IT'S YOUR MONEY AND YOUR BIKE. You didn't ask if it was dumb, you asked if they would match, so don't worry about the posts that aren't relevant to your original inquiry...
Good Luck!
Post pics of your new helmet, if you get one.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Pink is the new black.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts