Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new one. I have an Hjc which I was to replace. I'm looking for a quiet well made helmet with a good reliable face shield that wont leak! I'm not into spending $400+; Any great helmets out there for a resonable price?

·
Registered
298 Posts
my cousin just got an "xspeed" helmet, looks awsome! he said it has great vents it has a breat guard built in, and he said it light and comfortable, and pretty quite.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Check e-bay. Great deals on Arai and soumy helmets right now. I just got a brand new Roberts replica arai (corseair) that retails for over 600.00 for 300.00 brand new.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Try motoxoutlet.com. They are clearing out all kinds of shit. My Shoei listed for $519 when I bought it, you can get it for around $270 now...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
mred...word...

Also at motoxoutlet.com are the new Shoei RF-1000, brand new is something like $430, I got mine there for $299, that's with graphics! It's extremely light, the shield locks in place, and the venting couldn't be better. The air moves over my head so nice sometimes, I honestly forget that I'm wearing my helmet!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Can't go wrong with and RF-900 and with the 1000's out, they should be cheap. They're probably the most comfortable and quiet helmet I've ever tried. There's not point in being cheap.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I heard suomy's are really light.
Anyway, I just took a spill on my HJC and I took a direct hit on the back of my head going at about 40-50mph. Helmet did a great job even after me dropping it about 5 times. That is the last time I put that helmet on my head but I can say with confidence that HJC's are good helmets.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Buy a snell approved helmet. After that the price going up gives you features not more protection. So a cheaper helmet is just as good as a $400 helmet when it comes to safety. Go with a fullface helmet.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hey MikeO, lets start the arguement again... I thought that Snell was a safety standard, any company may just MEET that standard. ...But who is to say that a company like Suomy, Shoei, or Arai don't go above and beyond that standard? ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
BSHAP, good point. I know there are different snell ratings too. I was only addressing safety. The other helmets offer great features, comfort and style. I was just saying if you can't afford the higher dollar helmets and you don't want to skimp on safety then you can go with a lower dollar helmet if it meets a snell rating.[8D]

·
Registered
166 Posts
BSHAP I'm an indutrial electrician. I worked for FRAM for 8 years and now I have been at a Pepsi production plant for 7 years. The other electrician is my buddy from FRAM. We have installed alot of Allen Bradley PLC's. SLC5/04 and micro 1500.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Always good to meet a brother electrician! Right now I'm doing the construction electrician thing... it's cool in that I see all kinds of different places/businesses. Currently in the GM plant in St.Kitts, now if only I could figure out a way to get one of those Vette motors out the back door! :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by cyberdos
I heard suomy's are really light.
Anyway, I just took a spill on my HJC and I took a direct hit on the back of my head going at about 40-50mph. Helmet did a great job even after me dropping it about 5 times. That is the last time I put that helmet on my head but I can say with confidence that HJC's are good helmets.
very light, pretty quiet too...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.