Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have that chrome wolf helmet from kbc. i got it for $125 off ebay brand new. fits me fine.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Another fine brand is HJC, quite a bit cheaper than Arai and Shoei. They have great ventilation and offer superior protection, not to mention price. A good fullface ranges from about $125-300.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I wear Arai, but if I wanted a second helmet right now I'd be looking at Suomey. They've got great paints and the quality is supposed to be not far off Arai at all. I tried one on and it felt pretty decent.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Best quality helmet in my opinion is Aria, but they are pricey.

Next is Shoei, and those can be pricey, but you can get those much more reasonably priced that Aria.

I have a HJC LT-20 and I am not happy with the comfort.

I'll hae to second the Suaomy, I've tried on a few of those and I'd rank them above the HJC's, but I am not familiar with their prices.

-Flash

·
Registered
201 Posts
My girlfriend went and got a HJC from a local Suzuki dealer here in town and paid $79.95 brand new!! I think I might go grab one also and then have my buddy or me think of a design and spray it GREEN to match my bike!! Anyone else do this?? Any ideas on design??

·
Registered
700 Posts
Soumy is the helmet to get right now. And they're all on sale at like every website that sells helmets. You can get a gunwind for $340 shippped.

I'm thinkin about dumpin the Shoei I have and buyin one myself.

·
Registered
486 Posts
i was looking around on the net for different helmets. i know the basics on what to look for. fit, comfort, snell approval, ventilation, and so forth. but other than shoei and arai, what are the other good helmet companies out there? or if you dont mind, just tell me what ur wearing. i found a decent looking helmet by kbc called the wolf. anyone heard of it? i dont want to find a helmet that i like and can afford not knowing until its too late that i have a piece of garbage wrapped around my head.

·
Registered
448 Posts
take a look at helmetcity.com they have great customer service, and the lowest prices that i have found anywhere, i bought a HJC CL14 from them that i love, and my brother bought one just like it from there. very nice comfortable helmet, and great venting.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've got the HJC Symax---the kind where the visor and the face of the helmet flip up. The ventilation is great in it. Plus the flip-up face makes it 10 times easier to get it on while leaving my glasses on my face. I got it last year from a local dealer for 259 USD

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hey guys and gals, $50.oo helmet or $500.oo, both Snell and DOT approved ... So, what's the difference? Well I went from a CKX to a Shoei RF-800 and it's NOT JUST the name. WEIGHT, ventilation and general comfort will keep my buying a quality lid.

Just my 2 cents.

/forum/uploads/bshap/rf-800.jpg

Sorry, I should have added that; Not safety, as most are at certain equal safety standards, but comfort for ME is why I buy Shoei!

·
Registered
486 Posts
ok after looking at most of these posts, many of you guys are in agreement the arai is on of the best. my brother has an arai i just dont remember which one he has. anyway i came across the arai quantum f. anyone heard of that particular model?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Sounds to me like you're looking for some serious protection. At least, you're willing to spend the money for a good lid. Granted, it may cost your four or five-hundred bucks for a good helmet (read Arai, Shoei or Suomy) but then again, does anyone know what the price of a new head is??

·
Registered
302 Posts
Originally posted by Spoon

ok after looking at most of these posts, many of you guys are in agreement the arai is on of the best. my brother has an arai i just dont remember which one he has. anyway i came across the arai quantum f. anyone heard of that particular model?
Spoon, the differences in Arai's is all in the shell shape, they have 3 different shapes, go here to read up on the details: http://www.araiamericas.com/home.html

here's a snip about the shells:
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE SHAPES?

It comes down to a basic fact: the shape of the head - the relationship between length and width - are as important as head size in determining the right helmet for you a helmet:

1. The traditional Arai fit - the "Long Oval" - For heads whose length is distinctly narrow side-to-side, combined with a longer front to back measurement. Arai's Long Oval shell shape is currently available in the Signet, Renegade and Tracker GT series.

2. The transitional fit - the "Round Oval" - For heads that are distinctly rounder, the length and width being almost even. Arai's Round Oval shell shape is currently available in the Quantum series. (The RX-7 series has a "relaxed" Round Oval shell shape, which is not quite as pronounced as the Quantum's.)

3. The bridge fit - the "Intermediate Oval" - For heads with a round shape, but with considerably more forehead length. This shape "bridges" the gap between the two previous shapes. Arai's Intermediate Oval shell shape is currently available in the Astral series.

Then just figure out what shape head you have. For me the Signet was the best because I have a very long and narrow head.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have a suomy gunwind Andrew Pitt replica

mfzx6r
mfzx6r has attached this file: gwr_pitt.jpg

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Suomy all the way. I have a Troy Corsair Gunwind replica for my 99 and just bought the Steve Martin Spec 1-R replica, it's the sweetest helmet i have placed on my head. It matches the new Silver 636 perfect.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Arai, Shoei or Suomy is the only way you can trust on getting a quality top. Sure they can all look good, and have good paint jobs, but is the paint going to protect your head? I know to each his own, but when my head is on the line, I don't care how much it costs...What is a few more bills considering what you spend on a bike? Just my $.02.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.