Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble finding a helmet that will fit my weird shaped head. The one i am currently using rubs my chin and it feels raw after i take the helmet off.

Can any one recommend any helmets? We spent yesterday evening trying on helmets I know shoei doesn't fit and neither does hjc Icons are a close fit as well.

Thanks have a great one and ride safe
Deedee

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now i am wearing a z1r that is rubbing. I think it may have been the hbc I tried yesterday that didn't fit. I tried on so many lol. May have to take a trip to chaparral to see what they have.

Have a great one and ride safe
Deedee

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Just keep trying them on.. keep in mind that different models from the same mfgr. will fit differently as well.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Try on a bunch. Also look at Arai, they are exp, but very light and comfortable. They make theirs for different shaped heads.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use to have an arai before my hubby sold his bike about 6 years ago. It fit well but am on a bit of a budget and they unfortuanately are a bit out of range.

I was thinking of trying either the scorpion ex400 or 700. They got some really good reviews and are within budget. what do you all think?

Deedee

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I don't know anything about Scorpion helmets, but have a look at some of the AGV and Bieffe helmets as well. They usually have a bit of room to clear the mouth and chin.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I liked the Scorpion and was looking at them myself after hearing good reviews from some friends, but they gave me a headache after like 10 min, too tight on the forehead for me. The arai fit me better so I bit the bullet and spent the extra $$. I would have bought the scorpion if it fit me better.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think we are going to take a trip down to LA to look at helmets. There aren't many motorcycle shops here so not a wide variety of helmets to look at.

Thanks for all the tips I will hopefully have a new one soon.

have a great one and ride safe
Deedee

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Wow that's a symptom I've not heard of, a chin rubbing helmet...surely when at a shop a proper size helmet shouldn't rub (partly because your not riding and because the helmet should be snug on your skin, thus not much room to slide around) and trying on a variety at least one in the store should be pretty close to the right fit. Well anyway good luck in your search for the perfect helmet, I've found mine now I just need to find the money.

·
Registered
181 Posts
do you have a chin like the mask from the movie "scream"? lol kidding, never heard of that problem, i got a rf-800 and my chin is not even close. getting my suomy flowers next week

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No my chin is not like the mask in scream lol. The helmet I am using fits hubby great:(. But maybe its all the hair and stuff in the way too. I was going to try the helmet that came with the bike but its a size xl and is way to big for me. So back to searching for a helmet.

Deedee

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have a kbc, scorpion and a fulmer. The kbc and scorpion fit nice but I prefer the scorpion. It's really quite, the fog proof shield doesn't fog and the padding is nice.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah the scorpion is the one Iam leaning toward. Now just to find a shop that has them to try them on. I am looking at either the exo 400 or 700. We will see which one fits better.

Deedee

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
If its rubbing your head, im guessing its tilted and therefore WAY too big on you. It should fit VERY snug. A loose helmet is just barely better than none at all.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I first got it it was tight. But now it is somewhat looser. But that doesn't help with my chin hitting lol. Even the ones that fit "right hit my chin" Like the shoei and the hbc and the icon. I am still looking and hoping to find a shop in my area that has more of a selection of helmets.

Deedee

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
How are you wearing your hair? Could it be that your hair is causing the helmet to sit farther back than it should?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.