Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a ride today, did about 85 miles and the bike started to be unresponsive, then i went to put my blinker on and nothing, i turned a corner and went to punch it and it bucked, like it was getting no gas, or like the battery had died while i was riding. I get her home and am currently charging the battery, hopefully in the morning it will start. i am buying a new battery but any other ideas that would cause this? I turn her on and all electrical works, but the bike will not turn over. Its like the battery has no amperage. I'm hopeing that the new battery will be the answer. I am checking the output from the bike in the morning, if its charging fine than the battery is bad, if it is not then it should be the charging system, any other ideas would be great!! Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have bought a new battery, installing this afternoon. Anyone hear of any battery/charging issues with an 05 6R? If this new battery doesn't work, i'll start searching for shorts, the lights and all electrical work fine, but the bike will not turn over, the stator is turning btu no go! Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turns out that the bolt that holds on the starter to the flywheel was loose and ended up wearing a big groove in the flywheel, new flywheel 400. Is there a chance that Kawi would pick some of this up? The bike is an 05, but has 1800 miles on her, she is out of warranty, but. Who would try to contact about this? Thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
That sucks. if its out of warranty dont even try to ask the dealers to pay they'll just laugh at you. they would try to get out of paying for it if it was under warranty...[xx(]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.