Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am a newbie to the forums and not sure if I am posting in the right area. That being said, I had a quick question. Help would be much appreciated. After finishing an engine swap in my 03 636 the bike turns over fine but has no spark. After checking everything I could think of I am still left scratching my head... Before double checking everything over again a buddy pointed out the fact that I do not have a speedo hooked up. I realized this is the only difference I could find from when my bike was running besides the new engine. Before I go buy a new one...Can the speedo not being plugged in prevent the bike from getting spark? Some insight on this would be extremely helpful thanks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If I remember correctly, their isnt any required pass-through on the instrument cluster ....my guess would be that a sensor is unplugged,wired incorrectly, or faulty. e.g. sidestand switch, neutral sensor, etc. But don't quote me on it.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
I really can't say without looking at the schematics and it's been years since I looked at them.

I suggest you get a copy of the service manual it has the electrical schematics for your bike. Study these and you should be able to determine if the speedo may influence the bikes performance.

I'm betting the lack of speedo does prevent the bike from starting. But that's just a guess

Good luck man

1 - 3 of 3 Posts