Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! I went down about 2 weeks ago after leaving church ( I believe God had his hand out to help brace my fall). I ride the 05 636 blue and now that its BROKEN in could sure use some help getting the few parts I need w/o going BROKE @ the local dealer. The tail section and right side upper fairing or its also called the middle fairing. The already unable to see out of right front mirror is broken and also the little plastic cover that covers up the wires underneath the handlebars (attaches to the fairing). I know there is probably a 1000 posts on this already but don't have regular internet access I'm using my Treo 650 w/ Sprint internet which has very slow speed kinda like a snail crawling through super glue. All help will be greatly appreciated. P.S. Gotta love gravel on a country rd in the middle of a curve. ( don't care for the look ahead to where u r going instead of directly in front of u saying @ least on a country rd. Ride safe and remember Bow down to GOD (STOPPIE) look up to HEAVEN (WALK THAT BIKE). Serious though I thinking that issue in motorcyclist magazine about the helmets over reall hard cuz I was only going bout 35 or 40 and when I slid off the road I was high sided and landed on the back of my head when I pulled the helmet off about 30 seconds later my nose started gushing blood ( hemmm) I loved my helmet and I know it saved my life but could another one done the job little better. I do believe it cleaned out some of those dead brain cells! I wore the XO700 series which w/ the antifog and very comfortable fit I was pleased but now a little confused. so if anyone would like to elaborate on if this would have also been likely with another type helmet.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Uh shoei or arai. I believe its genereal consensus that if it has snell and DOT ratings then thats the best safety wise, once you pay more money above that its all in comfort..

without starting a riot here, seriously if there was a god he wouldnt have let you crash at all. you ever think about karma... WHAt have you been doing lately?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well no riots here an opinion is an opinion. God allows u to go through test to test ur faith. Maybe its some delayed Karma though I've been n some SHIZZNIT N THE PAST. Do u have any tips on where I could save some funds on the parts

·
Registered
683 Posts
twixt01 is right, any Snell or DOT helmet will work. But check out some of the BSI and ECE rated helmets as well. They offer the same protection as the Snell but permits smaller amount of G force to the brain. As a matter of fact, in a real world application, the DOT,BSI and ECE rated helmets out performed the Snells.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
think about it like this. If you had not been wearing the helmet you would not be writing this, you would be planted six feet under. They are not miracle devices. They are protective gear. I have seen helmets split it two at the race track and the rider walked away.

you think it did not do it's job? It did its job really well!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.