Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My oil light is on after properly changing my oil. I turned the bike off immediately after I saw it on. Is this normal. Should I let it run for a while? Also I this happened when I started the bike from the stands. Please help

·
Registered
486 Posts
Loosen the oil filter to the point where it just begins to spin freely (as in, the gasket is just about to make contact with the mount.) Loosen it about 1/4-1/2 turn past this point.

Now, start the bike (with something under the oil filter.) When oil starts to dribble out/the oil light goes off, tighten the filter.

Presto.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
yep, thats the process. It helps to have a buddy to start the bike and tell ya when the light goes off.

you have been around here for a while, how did you miss all the threads about this?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
b/c this is my first time changing my oil. Thanks for all the help but I just let it run for a few seconds and it was good.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I never have that problem, and i go it myself. The last time i toke the filler cap completely off just too see the slipper in motion and nope no oil came out. So maybe the filter is not tight enough. oh, another thing when poring oil dont chug it allow it flow freely.

·
Registered
103 Posts
if the oil light comes on after you change the oil this will be because it is not properly pressurised yet.
Let the bike run a couple mins until its warmed up and the oil light should disappear and all will be fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts