Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 636 with a full yoshimura system on it. THe other day when I was riding, my exhaust gasket (CONNECTING MUFFLER TO MID-PIPE) got a leak and is obviously worn out. THe problem is, this is my 2nd time doing this, and my bike has about 12,000 miles on it. The 1st time it happened was about 4000 miles ago, and did not have any problems until recently.

I am just wondering if any one else has had or heard about this problem, and also how to stop the nonsense....

please help.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Replace the gasket (again) and make sure that the clamp is tightened properly (assuming the Yosh full has a clamp there, if not, I would probably add one). I would check it several times, like after every ride for a little while to make sure the clamp stays tight. Heat cycles will make the clamp loosen up so rechecking the tightness will ensure it gets to the point that it doesn't loosen any more. Also use some high temp RTV with the gasket when you put the pipes back together.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I have an '03, and the midpipe was always coming loose from the slipon. I realized I had it installed wrong and when I installed it correctly the pipe never came loose again. I know yours is a different year model, but be sure it is installed correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.