Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,:D

I have a mate that's been riding off roads competetively for years, but now has seen the light and had a taste of sports bikes and no surprise he's all over the shop about the experience. The trouble is he hired a GSX600R (2003), while i used my ZX6 and he's found the bike is just too damn small. He's about 6'5" - can anyone recommend a good comfy fast bike for someone of his height. He's a lot more comfy on my bike, but it still leaves him cramped!!! Any advice, suggestions - throw it my way

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Not really sure on that one. I don't know much about the sportbikes in the UK, but here in the States they pretty much all have uncomfortable ergos that make you feel cramped. I would probably say either the ZX9R or maybe even a Busa. But for a guy who's 6'5" just about any bike is going to be uncomfortable. I'm 6'1 and feel crammed into a lot of sportbikes.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i got four inches on the kid and i ride the new 636 i don't have any problems except finding a jacket that won't ride up to my forearms when i get on my bike. the only thing i suggest is get rear sets that can be moved back so it'll bring his knees down.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Honestly, I find the R6 to be one of the most cramped 600 sport bikes, and the 636 to be the most comfortable. I am 6'5" as well and the 636 feels the best. The RR and R6 felt pretty similar to me.. with the R6 just a little bit less comfortable, the gixxers just suck. :) Out of the big 4, I'd say the 636 feels the best, which is the main reason I bought one. I have never really been a fan of Kawi until this bike. I think both the RR and R6 look better, but not by much, and definitely not enough to make me want to be uncomfortable.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Agree with the VFR - it felt pretty roomy. Might be a touch too dated for your buddy, but an Honda XX (Blackbird?) had decent legroom when I tried one last year. A ZX-9r might also be alright.

I don't see someone that tall fitting on an R6. I only have a 34" inseam, and I couldn't get my legs in the cutouts. The CBR and ZX-6r have much better ergos for those >6 feet imho.

·
Registered
337 Posts
ditto the zx9r. I've also found that my 900rr feels like a bigger bike than my 6r. Getting new rearsets should help also.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm 6'7", and I do just fine on a 636. The CBR600RR has a little more legroom, but not much. The F4i isn't too bad, either.

For guys over 6foot, there aren't a lot of 600's that are comfortable. The literbikes aren't much better, but the ZX9R was decent. Bikes that are comfortable are: VFR, Hayabusa, ZX12R, CBR1100XX Blackbird, and probably the most comfortable bike for me: the VTR1000 Superhawk(Firestorm in Europe). :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.