Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today i took the bike out for a ride and i may have done a little burnout since my new pilot power just came in and after i noticed a pudle of oil underneath it and it has a good size dripping coming from somewhere near the clutch slave cylinder is their a common seal that goes somewhere around their

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what rebuild kit a slave cylinder rebuild kit?

·
Registered
113 Posts
If it is oil and not hydraulic fluid, pull the slave cylinder and have a look. There is an oil seal behind it that can fail. If you view the microfiche on RonAyers.com, you'll see all the parts in the "Engine Covers 1/2" section.

I assume it is not hydraulic fluid, as there really isn't enough in the clutch line to make much of a puddle.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i took it all appart today and it was the oil seal right behind the slave cylinder some how that managed to blow out so it wasnt all the way in. i pushed that one back in all the way and it works but i ordered a new one to be safe

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
good deal. i just welded that cover up on mine as i found a hole in it from wher the chain must have broken at one time..

i've never had it happen, so obviously it musta happened to the previous owner, but i had overlooked it upon buying it.. i thought my seal had gone out as well, so i guess if you ever are unfortunate enough to have the chain break, inspect your cover very closely..lol

lucky for you it was an easy fix tho!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts