Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

help! bikes fucked up..

1K views 32 replies 7 participants last post by  lil green monster 
#1 ·
So I did xtremewlr's version of the KLEEN AIR MOD and then my bike was riding allll funky like when I revved it I would like stay @ a certain rpm for too long, Dies when I pull in the clutch to let it idle and the oil light flickers.. But I re did this kleen air mod when I took the reeds out and just blocked off the 2 covers and it still runs like garbage?

#4 ·
Sounds like you pulled a vacuum line off by mistake. Lift up the tank and make sure that all the hoses are connected. This happened to me after I go the motor back together and I was freaking out. At low RPM or idle it would just keep dying. I found one of the hoses got pulled off when I was putting the tank back on.

#5 ·
Originally posted by Micron05rr
Sounds like you pulled a vacuumn line off by mistake. Lift up the tank and make sure that all the hoses are connected. This happened to me after I go the motor back together and I was freaking out. At low RPM or idle it would just keep dying. I found one of the hoses got pulled off when I was putting the tank back on.
yeh I double checked everything.. xtremes way is removing EVERYTHING including the 2 hoses from the tank, im thinkin that might be it? but the oil like flikers @ very low rpms..

#8 ·
He means if the engine is idling very very low that could create your problem with the oil pressure.. I would put that on the back burner untill you get it idling correctly..

#10 ·
you say the oil pressure is low right? what rpm is the engine at when the light comes on, the engine can't build enough oil pressure below 800rpm to turn the light off. sounds like you need to pull the tank and check your work, kleen mod's wont cause a bike to idle wierd and or run bad, sounds like the fuel line is pinch, vacuum hose disconnected, or you may have pinched a coil wire when you put everything back together.

#11 ·
Just as a note, I have been talking to kawirider86 extensively via IM trying to figure his issue out. He had everything installed correctly as far as I could tell, even sent me pics to verify this. The mod works fine on my bike, no issues other than needing to improve venting for the gas tank as the gas cap can be difficult to pop up after riding (under vacuum). I need to research non-CA bikes venting of the gas tanks for this.

#12 ·
Originally posted by punksrfr
you say the oil pressure is low right? what rpm is the engine at when the light comes on, the engine can't build enough oil pressure below 800rpm to turn the light off. sounds like you need to pull the tank and check your work, kleen mod's wont cause a bike to idle wierd and or run bad, sounds like the fuel line is pinch, vacuum hose disconnected, or you may have pinched a coil wire when you put everything back together.
im not sure if the oil pressure is low, but when I pull the clutch in @ like 45 it will drop to like 500 and oil light will flicker then it will go back up to like 1000, I have played with the idle and it doesnt seem to help. The throttle feels very weird and touchy like it jerks n shit

#22 ·
How is the throttle position? Does it go all the way to zero when throttle closed and max at 100 on Powercommander map screen?

#24 ·
It should be 0 when the throttle is closed. There is a tutorial on the dynojet site to tell how to zero it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.