Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short almost got hit crossing 4 way stop and I panic break using front brakes and ended dropping my ninja 250 after 2nd week of purchasing it after getting the bike up I noticed the gear shifter pushed all the way back up and stuck, so I pushed it back down now it only finds 1st > Neutral and 3rd if its pushed all the way back up how it was dropped, it drives fine just won't click back to normal.

video demonstration here: Click here for Video (youtube URL)
as shown first the gear is all the way up you can hear it clicking the first gear and neutral and then 3rd once it pushed back

I am new to bikes... don't know how to diagnose this thing yet any help for a rookie will help!
also please explain the parts and location I should take a look in a manner a rookie will understand thank you in advance.
also, I have seen common issues when dropped but it always ends up being the bent shifter, and mine is not bent so I hope to find a solution for my problem since I can't find any online forums corresponding to my issue.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Hi and welcome :)

Don't worry about what happened, everybody has dropped a bike sometime, it happens!

From what I understand, the gear lever was both bend and pushed up. Since there is a problem with the gear selection I would suggest seeking professional help in order to safely sort this out.

·
Registered
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and welcome :)

Don't worry about what happened, everybody has dropped a bike sometime, it happens!

From what I understand, the gear lever was both bend and pushed up. Since there is a problem with the gear selection I would suggest seeking professional help in order to safely sort this out.
luckily I live next to a bike shop will try to see if they can take a look at it soon

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think what's happening is that your shift lever is simply too high. Once the the mechanism on you shifter itself reaches full forward it reaches it's apex and starts moving back and is it is actually pulling the the shift arm back into first again. Try lowering your shifter via the connection rod and two nuts. Also, when you shift the bike wile not running it can be impossible to shift the bike through all the gears. Get the rear wheel off the ground and turn it by hand and shift anf it wil go through all the gears. I don't think this is anything serious though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts