Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!! Newbie here, just wondering if any of you guys been to the dealerships lately. I plan on buying a new 08 zx6r this week. I don't have to many places to compare prices and I want to make sure I'm getting the best deal possible. Do you know of what they are going for now? Is there anything else I should expect to get slammed with?
Thanks for all your help-Mike

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Hello everyone!! Newbie here, just wondering if any of you guys been to the dealerships lately. I plan on buying a new 08 zx6r this week. I don't have to many places to compare prices and I want to make sure I'm getting the best deal possible. Do you know of what they are going for now? Is there anything else I should expect to get slammed with?
Thanks for all your help-Mike
Don't let them talk you into a warranty......it can be bought on ebay (of all places) for about $350 for a 4yr warranty.....not kidding...

Ask them how much it would be and you'll see right away the friggin mark up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
MSRP on those things are $9100.00. A good reputable dealer should be selling the bikes for a couple of hundred below MRSP as an everyday price. So I would say the going price should be around $8900.00 at the very least. Of course, that doesn't mean you have to pay that, thats where your dealing skills come in!! My dealership tried to sell me what they call a "pit pass" for $1600.00. This includes all oil changes, tire rotations, and valve resets for three years. Thing is, they want that money up front. I still have the option to get it, and I may, not real sure though. Hope that helps a little. I did A LOT of looking around before I bought mine!

Morpheus

·
Registered
204 Posts
Credit talks.....

If you got good credit and your are approved and all that good stuff.. I would be intersted, and then once they give you the price no matter what loose your excitement....

you go in there acting like a kid at christmas they are gonna know how bad you really want it and that even if they charge full msrp you want it...

They are going to charge you the price you settle on the bike, plus the extended warrenty which is around 895.00 or something like that, then they are going to try to charge you 1,200 or so for the pre pay service plan to get all your oil changes, and service.....

then the sales tax.. unless you buy it out of state. from where you live.

then they have b/s charges like delivery charge.. and stuff like that..

then if you want gap or not thats like another 400-500 I think..

If I was you I would buy the bike, and get the gap coverage... cause most insurance companies only pay out around 80 % on a totaled bike usually.. and gap will cover what your insurance doesn't....

I would not get the extended warrenty, and buy online cause it is cheaper.., and honestly the pre pay service plane is a deal.... but lets face it what are you going to do with a service plan for a bike you may get rid of in 2 years.. it may help the resale value of the bike.. but I think I would rather pay as I go

·
Registered
626 Posts
they had to ship mine in (they didnt have a green one!) and i got mine brand new for 8500. not OTD of course...add tax on that, as well as the gear i got! but that should give you a figure to go off of. not to mention the new 09's are coming and you may be able to get an even sweeter deal (when i got mine 07's were about 7500...i was going to go with the black 07 they had, but they sold it as well).

·
Registered
27 Posts
No I bought it at Orange County Motorsports. They're part of the OTD cyclesports franchise. I don't see ANY reason to go to any other dealership other than the OTD cyclesports franchise. These guys give you instant OUT THE DOOR prices, none of that tax. licensing, registration, destination charge, assembly, etc... it's ALL included in the OTD price they give you.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Bought my bike 31 days ago. Paid $9200 OTD for a 2008 ZX-6R Special Edition. GL!

BTW, I'm in Hawaii. Got higher prices here.

·
Registered
150 Posts
No I bought it at Orange County Motorsports. They're part of the OTD cyclesports franchise. I don't see ANY reason to go to any other dealership other than the OTD cyclesports franchise. These guys give you instant OUT THE DOOR prices, none of that tax. licensing, registration, destination charge, assembly, etc... it's ALL included in the OTD price they give you.
And most dealers will match/beat it slightly if you request/demand it. The bigger dealers will. I've never purchased from OTD myself but I have used their prices several times.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts