Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to install my CA tail and the damn left wire appears to be too short (by about two inches). I plugged the brake light in after a few attempts and got the right signal into the splicer and working fine...now it's the left wire that is way too short. I will take a picture if need be, but I tried repositioning the tail and when the tail is lined up with all the holes, it is definitely too short. Has anyone else had this problem. All the wires were taped up (tag light, green left signal wire, etc.) together from the factory, and have a sheath around them so I'm not sure what to do. Does anybody know how to extend the left turn signal wire on the CA unit so that I can reach the splicer on the other end? I'm frustrated:(

·
Registered
871 Posts
I had no problems with my wires length. Maybe the stock wire is longer than you think and is hooked on something. If all else fails just splice in some other wire to make up the difference. Or... just make right turns as we all know it's safer than turning left ;)

·
Registered
937 Posts
I had no problems with mine either. However your problem is nothing to get frustrated over. Just add splice in a few inches of wire to make the connection and be done with it. It's not that hard. ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
both my sets of wires were to short... but i spliced in extra wire.. works great.. but then again thats all i do all day is wiring control systems...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by TehnaRider
both my sets of wires were to short... but i spliced in extra wire.. works great.. but then again thats all i do all day is wiring control systems...
For those that spliced in the extra wire CA gave me 4 splicers so do I just run one of the red splicers into the short yellow wire and add the new wire into the other end and splice it with the green turn signal wire? Also, what type of wire did you guys use to make the connection? Thanks.

My guess is you guys used a regular gauge (18 or 20g) stranded wire, but please correct me if I'm wrong...BTW: I hate to buy a whole spool of this crap just for this little project.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i used 18 guage... i soddered the ends together and skrink rap them...just used one splice<one each turn> on the + side of the turns signal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.