Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tommyboy,mine was also very tight you may have to break down and buy a one inch or half inch ratchet and the correct size socket ,metric.[V]

03'ZX-6RR

·
Registered
349 Posts
Get a breaker bar and the correct socket. More elbow grease. It's the easiest way. BTW, 94 ft/lbs is not a little amount. That nut is really on there.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Thanks for your help guys.
I did finally get it off. I had to wrap the wrench handle in a towl and then I jumped on the wrench handle. I know, a little unconventional but whatever works, right!

Thank God for Guardian Angels... Especially This One!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The swingarm marks are notoriously inaccurate and the rear wheel can come misaligned. To properly check wheel alignment, use the more accurate string or straightedge methods. For more on either method, push the search button.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by tommyboynjataol

Thanks for your help guys.
I did finally get it off. I had to wrap the wrench handle in a towl and then I jumped on the wrench handle. I know, a little unconventional but whatever works, right!

Glad you were finally able to bust that nut. [:p]

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
My chain is way to loose. I can't seem to get the rear axle nut loose though. It says its on by only 94 ft lbs of torque. I am using a 12" adjustable wrench. I am putting so much effort into it I'm actually lifting the whole rear end of the bike up in the air even while pushing down on the rear to keep it down! I even put wd40 on it to help soften it up, But still won't budge. And yes I took out the cotter pin!
What can I do to get that sucker off???? Please HELP ASAP!!!

Also one more quick question. I just looked at the notch on the left side of the bike is lined up directly below the second mark on the swingarm. but the notch on the right side of the bike is lined up to almost the 3rd mark on the swingarm. This is how it was alligned STOCK. I know they should be alligned on the same notch or else the wheel alignment is out of wack, but this is how it came stock. You think it was not 100% properly alligned from the manufacture? Or is only 3/4 or a mark off not too bad?

·
Registered
501 Posts
LMAO, that's a good one

"I love your butt, cause it is just the right size to loose my boot all up in it"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.