Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 ZX6R (636) in all black and am contaplating changing the wheels to the gold color to match the calipers and forks etc...
OR CHROMING them. What do yall think? Is chrome out? I am getting alot of mixed decisions. Does anyone have any suggestions or idea's.

I appreciate all input...
--Thanks Anthony

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
well, I think chrome will neither be "in" nor "out" ...I think it will always be a personal thing. You either like it or you don't. I think some chrome is cool, on the right stuff...but not to an extreme like that busa pic I'm sure we've all seen. To each his own though, don't custom your bike for other people, do it cause you like it!

·
Registered
163 Posts
my votes for gold(well the bronze gold at least) chrome is ok but 2 me chrome and sport bike are kind of opposites maybe you could polish the wheels though

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I say polish them. Check out "polish your rims" in the how-to section. I'd do it, but I've got my rimstripes and don't really have the time to polish mine.

·
Registered
474 Posts
polishing rims is a bitch to do and then its a bitch to keep them looking good.. the first bike i bought had polished lips and the aluminum starts to pit and gets ugly fast... id rather ride my bike then spend time trying to make and keep it looking good... chrome might be heavier, but its far more durable, and if you are worried about that little amount of weight you probably wouldnt be chroming your bike to begin with.

as for IN or OUT... who cares, its your own bike, do what you like, not what others tell you... styling comes and goes and is different for everybody.... you might light chrome this year but hate it next year.... who knows...

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
if you get chrome, be prepared to spend half your life keeping them clean & shiny...

·
Registered
96 Posts
go for the gold rims everyone got chrome rims . take it from me i own an auto accessory company www.383motorsports.com and you will be supprised how many of my customers go for black or gold rims over chrome. plus polished wheels suck just cleaning them takes 10 min each wheel. i have 20's on my g35 black with polished lip.i have to clean them evey week and if i dont they turn black.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.