Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turn the carbs upside down so that floats are facing up. You need to measure from the seating surface where the float bowl will touch to the highest point on the top of the two floats. I had trouble measuring/holding, etc. so I made me a little jig out of 1/4" plexiglass. It was shaped like a "U" with the legs touching the the base of the carbs and the top cut to the correct float height.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i'm sorry man, i still don't understand exactly what you mean. If the carbs are upside down, then the tab(which you adjust)on the floats won't even be in contact with the needle. According to the intrstructions it must be touching the needle but not closing the spring. If i send you a picture of the carbs, will you open it up in your paint program and draw a couple arrows showing me where to measure?

Life is short, but sweet for certain...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sorry, I see that the float will be in contact with the needle like you originally said.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I put in my factory stage 1 jet kit. I have everything in and now i'm to the float height part of the install. I have the floats sitting on the float valve which is closed, but the float valve spring is not compressed just like the instructions, and I know i measure from the bottom of the carb body to the float to get the correct height. Here's what I don't understand. I measured the height(stock) and It reads roughly 5-5.5 mm's. The kit says to measure it out to 9.5mm. When the floats are sitting on the way they are supposed to on the float valve, but not compressing it, Where on the float do i measure to? When the floats are sitting like this, the skinny end of the floats are further back in the carb body than the larger ends where it connects. Do I just measure to the bigger corner in the back, and will i really need to adjust it almost 4mm bigger than what it is right now? or am i just measuring wrong. By the way, this is for an 01. If you guys could just let me know how to measure and where to measure it from that would be great. I can email pictures if it would help anyone to understand what i'm talking about. Also, if you have any pictures that you could draw a couple arrows on to show me where to measure, you could email them to me. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.