Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a female friend that is wanting to learn to ride and she is not exactly tall well 5ft 6" very petite, so i was looking into a
250 Ninja...she has a 29 inch inseam "No Shoes"..anyone got some input?

Any female rider info on this would be great help....there is not any in the area i am in otherwise we would just go to the shop..
Thanks up Front.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm 5'4 and ride a 636 that's lowered 2". I think a 250 is a good starter bike. I started out on a ZX6E and that fit me just fine and it was the perfect amount of power for a beginner. Good luck and don't forget to get her the gear too!

Jen

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
My wife is the same size as you describe jd. She got a new 250 last year and it fits her really well. She can't quite flatfoot while sitting still on it, but pretty close. And that's without any adjustments, totally stock 250.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm no female last time I checked, but i'm 5'4 and my 2000 is not lowered and I have had no problem whatsoever, stock height. But a 250 is light enough for your petit friend to be able to handle.

-Gus.

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much for the help...
As far as protective equipment goes, looks like she will sporting the Top of the line goodies
Arai-Helmet
Aplinestar-leather jacket,pants & gloves
boots will depend on fitment...

Yeah cant have her running around with the bottom end stuff while i am sporting custom arai helmet & taichi leathers.
Besides she may need the quality protection worse case scenario.
MSF course is 1st thing after some parking lot basics

·
Registered
532 Posts
ya i got my female a 250 and she loves it. now she wants something "more faster" to keep up with me. its kinda funny she loves it so much she blast out in front and then i pull along side and wave she tries again and again and i still just pull up beside her. its a fun game we play, in traffic(just kidding)

·
Registered
297 Posts
As a 250 owner I can personally testify that it is a great bike for a beginner. Now granted I am 5'8" and about 200lbs and have no issues flat footing or whipping it around for that matter. But I do have a friend that is about 5'4" and 120lbs or so and she can just about completely flat foot the bike.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I am also NOT a woman...however, I AM short lol I am 5' 7" and my first bike was an EX500 (ninja 500r) and I had no problem putting both feet down. I know of a couple short girls that ride the 500 and the 250 with no problem.

·
Registered
87 Posts
im 5' 2" same inseam.... granted probably stronger but i have a 1999 ZX6R with a shaved seat and +4mm on the ride height and have no problems i could probably even do with not shaving the seat but made it easier and less of the sliding into the tank and also a ZX7R which is about the same height ut much heavier its a bit harder in town but I still managed

if she starts on the 250 being shorter and lighter she will have no problem... even if she cant "flat foot" dontlet people tell you you need to because its not needed to be able to. pushing it around while sitting down is a pain but so waht Ill push it back etc

tell her to go for it

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Originally posted by jdgun_13
Ok i have a female friend that is wanting to learn to ride and she is not exactly tall well 5ft 6" very petite, so i was looking into a
250 Ninja...she has a 29 inch inseam "No Shoes"..anyone got some input?

Any female rider info on this would be great help....there is not any in the area i am in otherwise we would just go to the shop..
Thanks up Front.
[:TTIWWOP]

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry man on the pics, she is not much for letting me post anything at THIS TIME.
Once she gets settled in with the bike and gear then pics will follow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.