Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just got my bike all painted at had the forks rebuilt. When I got it back it seemed crazy in the corners. So I went home and tried to reset the compression and rebound adjusters. The manual calls for 7 clicks for stock riding on the rebound...However, I can only get 6 clicks before it freezes up on the left side. The right side rebound has a total of 11 clicks, the left side only has 6 clicks available. It feels like the needle inside is hitting something or the threads on the valve are screwed up.

Does anyone have a diagram of the inside of the upper portion of the fork on a 95-96-97 zx6r? Any thoughts on what this might be??

Thanks

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
you should be able to check out a diagram on Kawasaki's website...I think they post all the diagrams online...

sounds like the fork rebuild didn't go well though...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went back to the dealer and they claim that they didn't have to take any part of the rebound adjuster apart to do the seals. I did some research and it appears that they are right.

I looked on the 'Saki website and the blow-up of the front forks doesn't go into the head of the forks. It just lists a part number for the entire upper assembly.

I really need to get a service manual for this bike.

Thanks for your help...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.