Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I can't get my sheared off bolt out of my frame. It wouldn't come out before because my drill wasn't powerful enough, so I bought a new one. Now when I take the extractor to it, the extractor just spins. It grips and then breaks free. I think the bolt is stuck in there too well
Any ideas?!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
first off, don't let the drill spin fast, cos then it just doesn't grip at all.
Drill a new hole in the bolt, bigger than the last, to make a new surface for the extractor bit to grip, then turn it slow as hell, put the extractor in at the same rate as the thread of the extractor goes, and ease it out that way.

If that doesn't work, then find a drill bit that's a size down from the bolt that's stuck in there, and just drill it out, being careful not to tag the thread. Once the core of the bolt is out, use a flat-head screw driver to poke out the rest. It should fall apart with a bit of poking in the right places, and some WD40 etc. Don't use WD40 while trying to use the extractor

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already made the new hole, and tried going slow. Didn't work, and I can't go any bigger now. I'll play around with it just a little bit more and if i can't get it out, I'll try drilling the core out.

Thanks for the reply mate!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.