Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 ZX6R and the 500SE alarm. I was wonderin if anyone had some pics or tips for installing it. I have the factory connector kit also. Thanks

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oooops i ment to put this in the How To forum. anyone have any tips!?!??!

mods u can move this

·
Registered
879 Posts
Do a search. Full instructions and pictures will be found in a post made about 1.5 years ago.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did search and it didnt find anything. what key words should i use?

i just need help with the ignition disable wires the rest is cake

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just searched aaagain and havent really found the answer im lookin for or pics. there are two wires and a harness comin out of the "RID-5" anti hijack box. The instructions have one wire going to the ignition module or fuse box and i can figure that out. But where does the other wire go!??! is it a ground or goes somewhere else? I dont really want to guess with this kind of thing. I just want some help.

if you feel like tellin me to search then give me some key words and dates bc scorpio alarm just isn't cuttin it. A link to a thread would be awesome though.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,898 Posts
Call Scorpio. If the instructions show one wire, and the scorpio box has two wires, that's definately something they should address.

On the flip side, if one wire is colored and one wire is black, it's general practice for the black wire to be a ground wire.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I beleive you cut the ignition wire and then attach the RID-5 in the middle.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oooooh so you cut the wire, put one wire on one side and the other wire ont he other side. kinda like it has to go through the box..... i get it now[B)]

·
Registered
27 Posts
question guys which wire is my ignition wire. Also scropio has noted that there are several options for installing this module? I have an 04 zx10

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.