Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Common problem, one cause is that once the battery has been completely exhausted the bikes charging system will take a lot of riding to recharge the battery back to a fully charged state and in all reality if you do not do long rides never recharge the battery properly.

Easy Fix... "Recharge the Battery"... using a mains type recharger.
If you don't have one buy one they are cheap and you will probably need it again.

Change your riding SYSTEM when you come to a stop turn the bike off by the ignition key & not the red engine cutout switch. Do this every time and it will become a habit and you won't leave your ignition on again.

Confidence and Ability should not be Confused

·
Registered
325 Posts
I guess i should add, I do have a trickle charger. After it died the second time, i put the battery on the charger. Charged it until the light turned green. After this is when the battery died for the last time.

2002 zx-6r
green, of course

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have a 20026r and last weekend i was at my girlfriends, and left the keys on for like 15 min on accident. I came out and the gauges were on, and the bike tried, but just wouldn't turn over. I ended up pushing it down the driveway, and pop-starting it. On a case of bad luck, my roommate did the same thing one week later. Anyways, i walk out to my bike this morning (and it did rain a little last night), and the same thing. All lights come on, but it seems like there just wasn't enough juice to turn over. And after about 10 seconds on the starter, the sould just gets weaker and weaker. So i pull both seats off, and the battery is a little wet. Possibly just rain water from the night before, it didn't seem like the battery was leaking.

Was anybody else had an issue like this? What can i do? And if i need a new battery, what do i go with?

Oh, and one more question, if my battery does ever die again, what is the best way to get it started again, Popstarting?

2002 zx-6r
green, of course

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.