Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!
I'm working on an engine (no bike, only engine) of a ZX-600 carbs equipped, on which I can read a S/N: ZX600FE041593. Does anybody know which model year is? It should be between 1997 and 1999, I'm quite sure, but I'd like to know exactly.
By the way does anybody have a mechanical manual or something similar, and most important the complete electric schema?
I have also the fuel pump missing, but I have to install an external one, not in the fuel tank, do you know any model that could fit? Do you know at which pressure it must work?

Thank's for help! :)

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
The years your engine will be from is 95-97 which is the F model series (as per the first letter after the ZX600) I can give you a scan in of the wiring diagram for that model but alas the full manual would have to be purchased to be of much use to you.

I have enclosed both the UK & US versions as the haynes manual doesnt support a european F model, i would go by the UK one more than the US as its in europe and the same models would probably have been used throughout europe.

Hope this helps

Russ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you soo much! :) Do you also know which is the fuel pump pressure?
So I think it must be a 97 MY, I'll look for the mec. manual for the 97 model

edit: I had a look on kawasaki.com, the 97 MY has Keihin carbs, and the 98 MY Mikuni. I have Mikuni carbs on mine, is it possible it's a '98 model or Keihin carbs are only for the US version? Because on kawasaki.com I can find only US specs. thanks

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
to best identify it look at the engine casings and then match that to the kawi site as the f models are noticably differnt to the g and so on for the j model.

Russ

·
Registered
471 Posts
So would this be copyright infringement for showing off the wiring diagrams? If its used for educational purposes, and snake11 is learning from it, then its not copyright infringement, right?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Originally posted by 20incher
So would this be copyright infringement for showing off the wiring diagrams? If its used for educational purposes, and snake11 is learning from it, then its not copyright infringement, right?
what do you work the the patent office or something? who the hell cares, its not like he emailed him a scan of the whole manual..........

·
Registered
471 Posts
No smartass, i'm asking in reference to what a mod did with another thread with a very sarcastic tone. . Someone asked for a reference like this and it got shut down. I'm with you on giving out info (i see no reason in not helping someone). So relax it wasnt aimed at you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you again, I'll take the casing of engine as reference

I think that the electric schema is a public document, that's nothing "secret" in it, and I think you could get for free from your kawi seller... In the other post they talked about the WHOLE mecanich manual, that's quite different I think

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
I spoke with green envy in another post about my posting scans of my manual and as long as its not the complete manual then its ok to post the odd scan now and then if it helps people. Its more so a case of if someone says how do i do this and it takes an age to type out an explanation then i tend to post a copy of what someone else has typed and in this case with pictures.

Russ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.