Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i just did my integrated tail, llooks great but thereis a gap inside the tail on both sides nest to where the tool kit is. you can see straight to the ground and i dont wanna leave it like that incase water gets in there. cuz i have the wiring and my alarm system in there. any1 else have this problem and any solutions???

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I have the integrator too. My pc3 is back there with my tool kit. Since I don't ride in the rain, I'm not worried about it. I'm sure you could fab something up to fill it in though.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
is it a CA integrated tail light?

a bunch of us who have CA have that same problem. the fact that tail won't fit flush with the seat cover. it should be a pretty nice fit with a small gap - if its a huge gap then you need to re-install.

did you take the rubber thing off of the old tail light? its on the end and its the only removable part, just look for it.

to answer your other question...i have a small gap between my light and the seat cover and ive riden through a downpour with no problems. i also wash my bike with a mist all over

if all of the wires are covered i cant imagine there being a problem.

·
Powerhungry
37,956 Posts
oh..u took the plastic side pieces off? look close, theres a line on them that follows the line of the tail. u need to cut it along that line. and put it back on. piece of cake. and u cant see it. id take pics but im at work.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would really appreciate if u could post the pics 4 me lata. but i will look into that 2nite and hopefully get it done 2morrow. I appreciate the help fellas, this is y i love this forum. we gotta stick 2gether.

·
Powerhungry
37,956 Posts
well to be honest, pics wont show u anything. id have to pull the tail back apart, and mines already cut so u wouldnt see anything. hold the plastic piece up in line with the tail. u will see the line im referring too. just cut along it. problem solved.

·
Registered
937 Posts
You just need to trim the plastics off the OEM turn signals, and then bolt the new pieces back on. That should cover the gaps on the side of the storage area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.