Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i was wondering how many people on here uses helmet cameras??? if you have a helmet camera, can you tell me what brand you got, and how much you spent on it??? i was looking into getting one, but don't know if the cheaper ones on ebays are any good? they were selling helmet cameras for $169.99 and it takes 30 frames per second. is that good??? let me know what you guys know and think... thanks!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Dont know about any cams specifically, but 30fps is full motion.
I think the place they get you is that they may only sell the cam, you'll still need something to actually record to. When you're looking at that (the actual media recording/storage device) make sure it's something that uses a good compression codec, not something thats gonna smack all the quality out of the image/video.

·
Registered
295 Posts

Dayyyuumm, that's a serious camera! That's way too much to spend for me. Here's what I just bought on Ebay: http://eyespypro.com/products/Hi%2d...-World's-Smallest-Digital-Video-Recorder.html

I'm gonna velcro it behind the breath guard of my helmet. It's only 15fps though, but for $48 and super simple setup it's not bad. I wanted something to document on video in case someone cuts me off causing me to go down.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts