Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im deciding between the ninja 250 2nd gen or the ninja 650 1st gen.
Ive had a sv650 and a cbr 600f4i.Have neither anymore.So im not a total newb.
The whole reason Im considering a 250 is ive read and heard how much fun they can be. What ill be using the bike for is week night twisties, weekend trips and a few trackdays over the summer.

Some concerns
Ill miss the power. Im only 135 so that will help.
Two up riding possible? Well I know its possible... but how is it?
General freeway riding? Good for long hauls?
Generally going from big bikes to a small one.
Am I missing any other ones?

So I just cant decide again I like the fun factor of the 250 and the 650r seems to be a great all around bike. Also the 250 is a bit cheaper around here 3k for a nice used one low miles, which concerns me a little Ive seen alot with low miles( why are some many selling em). 650 around 3500-4k

Im posting this on the ninjette forum too Id just like to get as many opinions as I can since this will be my only bike for a few yrs.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I think if you have ridden a 600, you will not like the 250. The 250s are great bikes for newbies, but they dont even come close in power to the 600. I can almost garuntee you that you will miss all that power.

If your not going back to a supersport, i would go with either the zzr600 or the 650r.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you are stepping down from a 600, I would recommend riding a 250 first before buying one. I have a feeling you will miss the power.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Going from a 600 ss to a 250 probably would not last long, also freeway riding on a 250 is not the best. Go for the 650r

·
Overwhelming Splendidery
13,553 Posts
250 is fine. My 600 got stolen so it's all I have now, and since I have become a more competent rider, I realize how capable the 250 ACTUALLY is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would say the 650R
Light, cheap on insurance.

Can build it into a VERY capable sport tourer OR a decent sportbike(with track ability!!!)

ZZR600 is heavy. I would only consider one myself IF it was Super clean...like showroom clean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts