Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of you guys are not a huge fan of flames but I live in a rather small town and there are already 6 other bikes like mine. One even has the same exact tail light, flush mounts, and Akra exhaust. I have to do something a little different so here is what I came up with.

I really like the look of the tribal flames on the SE so I am trying to decide how to do it on my blue 06.

These are the two I came up with. If anyone wants to photo shop some others I am open for suggestions.

Obviously this is from the stock photo, I have already gotten rid of the fender with an FE from fenderkit.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yellow? Hmmm, never thought of that. Not that good with phot shop and these two came from the vinyl guy who's gonna redo the flames.

Anyone care to photoshop those flames a shade of yellow?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats pretty sweet Tdahle. Is that a photoshopped image or an actual painted bike?

I am going the vinyl route since ghost painted flames are way outta my budget

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by ddan24
I love the red flames on my 06 SE, you don't think yellow flames will look good over the blue? [:p]
+1 thats why I voted other, like you said they all look alike, find a good airbrush artist and do a red/fading to yellow/ then a grey/black(smoke) like real flames. Have them start lower on the front fairing and f. fender, on a dark base looking like it's the coal/wood of the fire, then sweep back and up to the tail
My better 1/2 has a Masters in fine art and I have seen this done, awesome! if done right
JMHO

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know, I would really have to see it. It sounds like it would look cool but I'm looking for something a little more subtle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You see mine, classic green, If I didn't have the green, I'd let her go crazy, my SV650 race bike is all black, I want some type of lightning, but that has to come from the top and I want to incorporate the black helmet to the tank/fairing showing motion with it fading to the rear

·
Registered
380 Posts
The first picture with the lighter flames looks way better imo. Maybe photo shop the lowers painted too and see what that looks like. That would set your bike apart...

·
Registered
21 Posts
has anyone painted their lower black fairing a matte blue to match the rest of the bike? i have the 06 in blue and was thinkin about doin it, but wanna see what it would look like first..any pics floatin around?

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Paint the flames Orange! [:p]

Maybe it's just me but Orange/Blue is a kick-ass combo....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.