Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys i have been surfing the net like a madman the last couple months trying to find a KIT ECU for my 2005 zx6r, either it is always sold, no response back from the seller or something...
If you guys happen to find one or know of someone who would sell theirs, please let me know.
hell i would buy them a PCIII and get them a tune or buy it outright..

Thanks
JD

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
jd what about the one on the wera board? I ended up not purchasing it? And instead of a pc I will take some crg levers! haha

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah he never did reply on me buying it and searched on there and tried another person and that netted no results..made some calls to shops and unless they have 1 in stock they are all sold.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I will check with 12'o clock motorsports. They hepled me get my race ECU and they have a motec m800 setup laying around. But I'll see what they've got.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HOLY SHIT THAT WOULD BE SO SWEET AND HELP ME OUT ALOT....will PM YOU

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Did you also pick up that interface cable?

Enjoy the tweaking, should be a perfect match with your degreed cams and Beet Exhaust. But did you remove the secondaries?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not removing secondaries as for a street & track bike there is no real benefit.
maybe 1-2RWHP up on the top end with a slight drop everywhere else.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Not removing secondaries as for a street & track bike there is no real benefit.
maybe 1-2RWHP up on the top end with a slight drop everywhere else.
I didn't remove mine because I felt that would defeatethe purpose of having a 636, plus you can adjust them with the ECU.

Since I don't ride the track, guess I made the right call.

·
Registered
402 Posts
kit ecu

There's also one on the NESBA Forum right now.
just sent the guy a msg, anyone know how much of a gain can be gotten from these ?
have K&N, PC3 running tweakmons map and 2bros exhaust at the moment, was planning on getting the yoshi down pipes before getting a custom map done -

·
Registered
66 Posts
Make sure you get the interface cable for the kit ecu, u need to check the settings, they could be adjusted by somebody else for their bike....

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
just sent the guy a msg, anyone know how much of a gain can be gotten from these ?
have K&N, PC3 running tweakmons map and 2bros exhaust at the moment, was planning on getting the yoshi down pipes before getting a custom map done -
The gain isn't going to be huge HP wise, but it will refine the power delivery in a way only matched by Dynojet when you run two PCIII's (One for main and secondary injectors) and a ignition module.

The huge advatage if you get a KIT ECU and get it tuned is : You don't need the extra wiring to the injectors, you can remove the entire Exahuast valve servo with no FI light from doing so (unplugged and off bike), You get a much finer adjustment for the fueling (adding fuel on the "rev-down" makes coming off throttle so smooth for cornering and downshifting), less weight due to the fact you exchange your current ECU and only need to add a small connector that replaces the JUMPER MOD (that's right it is no longer needed), you can adjust the spark advance (timing related), raise or lower rev limit(as high as 16,000rpms) and choose whether it is a fuel-cut or soft-limiter for enigine safety.

There is just more tuning options with the KIT ECU, but at the downside of cost (PC Interface cord, ECU itself, and $30 adapter harness) and people familiar with tuning the KIT ECU. But if you have it setup the only thing better would be a MOTEC setup like the M800 with full traction control if you can find a programming wiz............but that setup cost almost as much as the bike ($5,000+) But that's what the big time pros use in WSBK, Suzuka, and MotoGP.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Well you have me convinced, I'm buying it

The gain isn't going to be huge HP wise, but it will refine the power delivery in a way only matched by Dynojet when you run two PCIII's (One for main and secondary injectors) and a ignition module.

The huge advatage if you get a KIT ECU and get it tuned is : You don't need the extra wiring to the injectors, you can remove the entire Exahuast valve servo with no FI light from doing so (unplugged and off bike), You get a much finer adjustment for the fueling (adding fuel on the "rev-down" makes coming off throttle so smooth for cornering and downshifting), less weight due to the fact you exchange your current ECU and only need to add a small connector that replaces the JUMPER MOD (that's right it is no longer needed), you can adjust the spark advance (timing related), raise or lower rev limit(as high as 16,000rpms) and choose whether it is a fuel-cut or soft-limiter for enigine safety.

There is just more tuning options with the KIT ECU, but at the downside of cost (PC Interface cord, ECU itself, and $30 adapter harness) and people familiar with tuning the KIT ECU. But if you have it setup the only thing better would be a MOTEC setup like the M800 with full traction control if you can find a programming wiz............but that setup cost almost as much as the bike ($5,000+) But that's what the big time pros use in WSBK, Suzuka, and MotoGP.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts