Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Powerhungry
37,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so as some of you may know, im working on integrated FRONT signals. ive actually got them done, but im not quite happy yet.
i need some help/info.
if you pull the 2 panels off the sides, just in front of the tank. to access the headlights. look at the upper, outer edge of each light. its stamped "12v5w". now im assuming that stands for 12 volt, 5 watt. meaning for a light bulb.
so at 1 time or another these headlight housing were made WITH a light there.
thats where my new turn signals are now.
what i need ...is when did they start using this housing?
and what make/models came with the lights already there.
euro spec? or???
im looking for the STOCK reflector that would have been installed there.
thanks

·
Registered
601 Posts
i think that light started in 05 and the lights that came with the bulb where you are talking about are the euro bikes. i do not think that there is a reflector as they are running lights on the euro bikes.

·
Powerhungry
37,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there should still be some sort of reflector. i would think so atleast.
and what exactly is the point of running lights WITHIN the headlight housing. im mean what, the HEADLIGHTS arent enough?
ok so my next question, for the members across the pond.
is there a reflector in your lights?

·
Registered
664 Posts
No its called a running light, so that when you are parked with the ignition on people will see you at night. I dont see why it would have a reflector go look at a running light on a car it doesnt have a reflector in there.

·
Powerhungry
37,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by 636Rick
No its called a running light, so that when you are parked with the ignition on people will see you at night. I dont see why it would have a reflector go look at a running light on a car it doesnt have a reflector in there.
all my running lights on ALL my cars have reflectors.
if what u say the reason for the RUNNING light is so ppl can see you then there would be a reflector. WITH a reflector its ALOT brighter.
also a running light, is no different then the headlights, ON when the bike is running. making these as running lights POINTLESS.
but..thats besides the point, and not my question or concern.

i just want to know from someone with a EURO spec bike, if theres a reflector.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.