Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

new to this drag racing...so please help....how can i go faster...

got a zx6r 2007 with pc111, custom mapped, full akrapovic exhaust, k n filter,
-2 on front. the bike makes 117.33 bhp at rear wheel.

best time i can get is at SANTA POD GB is 10.818 seconds. and i weigh 195lb

60 ft 1.893
330 ft 4.789
660 ft 7.095
990 ft 9.042
1/4 mile time of 10.818 doing 130.56 mph

i lauched at about 7000rpm any higher and the bike wheelies. i have done 50-60 runs and dont seem to be able to any quicker.

cheers

stealth

·
Registered
138 Posts
no seat? wtf? Biggest tip..lower the bike...raise the rpms. I have the same bike , it likes to be launched at 10000 rpms =)

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
10.81 is a good time to start with, do u have the front end strap, if not strap the front like n20fed636 said, lower the rear, them both things will help u launch the bike alot better and help lower your et and mph, also try leavin alittle harder, these bikes like high revs so dont be afraid to leave high and slip the clutch while u are on the gas

·
Registered
159 Posts
when i ride its with no seat at all and pull consistant 1.48 60 fts, believe me it works, like kirk said it lowers the center of gravity and the bike wont want to wheelie, the lower and longer the bike is the less its gonna wheelie and youll 60 ft better 10k is to high on the launch try 7k-8k pin the throttle and slide the clutch till the bike starts pullin hard then make your shift.. shift points are key to sucess in quicker et's . shift at your maximum most achieved horsepower range around 14,14.5k

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Its all in your 60ft... follow NO2's advice, that is a 60ft'in mother phucker... lol! I'll get you soon Jeremy!... only got a 1.52 out of her so far:(

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks.....what is strapping front end...also i pin throttle in every gear maxing out the revs...should i be short shifting 1st gear or not...how do you lower it and will this effect the bike for road use..

cheers all

·
Registered
159 Posts
strapping the front end--- means its a ama/nhra/ihra certified strap that runs from the left brake caliper up and over the frame then back down to the right brake caliper. allowing you to pull the strap tight to minimize the suspension travel and lower the front end, also makes the front end dead weight so its harder for it to wheelie....lowering the rear is by links underneath the bikes shock you can order them or make your own with 1/4 aluminum, stainless steel, or whatever you prefer, lowering the front you can slide the forks up through the triple tree clamps... lowering the bike doesnt affect the way it rides,handles on the road it just lowers the center of gravity between two points, as long as your not road racing on the open streets youll be fine....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.