Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this part go on my 2003 636? If so, where? It is a thin rubber matt and it came in the crate that the motor shipped in but i can't figure out where it goes or if it is even for my bike. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It goes over the top of the motor and onto the top of the radiator. The end with all the holes goes over the top of the rads. With the two rad mounts going into the two slits in the middle then the other end goes up over the top of the motor. I think it's more of a dirt guard then anything. I took mine off while working on it one time and never put it back on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok cool thanks!

So it is part of my bike then! Hey if there is a link that happens to show this part on the 03-04 636 or even a glimps of it post up! So the function of this is to shield dirt and heat?!

·
Registered
49 Posts
It more than likely serves a few purposes: keeps the top of the engine clean, keeps air from flowing over the radiator ... this is good cause you want as much air as possible to flow thru the radiator. It also may keep some heat away from the airbox like ^^ he said.

Install it.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
SWEET!! I saw Warbuk's cummpewterr skreeen!!

--David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts