Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I need a bit of help please. if anyone out there can!? I have a zzr400 on a 1991 plate. It has been fine and really good to me but the last couple of days its been cutting out on me! Its fine when its ticking over but as soon as i take it for a ride it will be ok for a few miles, then i will lose all power and it will slowly got to a stop and the engine will die. It wont start up straight away but if i leave it for 10 minutes it will start and do exactly the same?????????? Any help will be much appreciated.
Is it an electrical fault?
Fuel fault?
I just cant find a problem

Thank u all[xx(]

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
My '95 ZX-6R used to do that to me occasionally, and whenever it did it, the problem turned out to be the fuel pump.

I could start it, and ride for about 3-5 minutes, then it would die. Wait 5 minutes and it would start, then do the same thing. Very frustrating.

I eventually found that if I rode around without going over about 3,000-3,500rpm, the engine would run without dying. I guess at those revs, the engine wasn't using fuel faster than the fuel was feeding into the carbs (via gravity). At anything over those revs, the engine used fuel faster than it was flowing into the carbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.