Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has some pics of their bike with the tail bodywork off can you please post them up, something from above showing the layout of exhaust servo, relays, battery and all would be awesom.
trying to get an idea on waht i am about to order for my replacement of the plastif with CF.
a tape measure alongside the subframe would be utterly awesome.

Thank you guys for helping me out in my time of needs, while waiting on my bike.

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
If anyone has some pics of their bike with the tail bodywork off can you please post them up, something from above showing the layout of exhaust servo, relays, battery and all would be awesom.
trying to get an idea on waht i am about to order for my replacement of the plastif with CF.
a tape measure alongside the subframe would be utterly awesome.

Thank you guys for helping me out in my time of needs, while waiting on my bike.
Yah this is probably of little or no help at all because they are not really focused on the tail section ... but it is all I have without the tail on...

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, you are always supporting people on here and i truly appreciate the help you have given me.
The pics give me more of an idea than what i had as i couldnt recall how shit is set up.
so with the Kit ECU the exhaust servo is removed and the speedcell battery should be about half the stockers siex, as i am looking to move everything closer to the tank area, reducing wire length, and the tray area.
hopefully they still have a bike at the shop down tht way i can measure the tail, for a estmate fo the length.

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
thanks man, you are always supporting people on here and i truly appreciate the help you have given me.
The pics give me more of an idea than what i had as i couldnt recall how shit is set up.
so with the Kit ECU the exhaust servo is removed and the speedcell battery should be about half the stockers siex, as i am looking to move everything closer to the tank area, reducing wire length, and the tray area.
hopefully they still have a bike at the shop down tht way i can measure the tail, for a estmate fo the length.
If someone doesn't post a worthwhile picture up by tonight ... I'll pop the tail off my bike and give you some GOOD pictures. I have nothing to do tonight and have kind of been itching to go wrench on the bike anyway. This will give me an excuse. Tell me exactly what you want and I'll deliver! ;) God knows you've helped me dozens of times when I was a noob!

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright what i am really in need of is the length of the plastic peice that is attached to the subframe.
as i am removing it & replacing it with Carbon Fiber, and reducing its size, as i will be making a Carbon Fiber, undertail encluser to be sued with my BEET system.
Also any wiring i can shorten by moving things i will doing this as well.
if i remove 3lbs off the bike it is worth it to have it be the way i like it.
shit figure 3lbs & the speedcell battery weight drop that is like 8lbs gone just like that.
but a shot lengthwise, and semi closeups of how everything is mounted, and anything with depth would be sweet...
as i have a person ready to sell me the CF i need, just need to decide on sizes.
so all in all once the 6R gets here it will down for at least 2 months, from my estimation.

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Alright what i am really in need of is the length of the plastic peice that is attached to the subframe.
as i am removing it & replacing it with Carbon Fiber, and reducing its size, as i will be making a Carbon Fiber, undertail encluser to be sued with my BEET system.
Also any wiring i can shorten by moving things i will doing this as well.
if i remove 3lbs off the bike it is worth it to have it be the way i like it.
shit figure 3lbs & the speedcell battery weight drop that is like 8lbs gone just like that.
but a shot lengthwise, and semi closeups of how everything is mounted, and anything with depth would be sweet...
as i have a person ready to sell me the CF i need, just need to decide on sizes.
so all in all once the 6R gets here it will down for at least 2 months, from my estimation.
Aight. I'll use a fabric tape measure and include it in just about all the pics. I think it has inches on one side and metric on the other. Which would you like? I have stuff in my tail section that I won't take off (PCIII, Ignition Module), but you should be able to see what you need to see anyway. So that I get the right picture ... which plastic part are you talking about on the subframe?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet guys i appreciate the help, asi am tryiong to alleviate any super extended down time and this will save me at least 2 weeks.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Perfecto, i am now able to get the intitial piece i need to get this project started upon the bikes arrival.
thanks so much i appreciate all the help guys.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I am right there with you. Swaped out my swing arm the other week. That was fun tearing the back end of the bike basically all off.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
snaped off the spool mount. I hade a spair swing arm that I bought from jd a long time ago. Then I put on the attack rear lift stands. So no more worrying about things breaking off if [when] I crash again. Check it out I posted a thread in this section. Its one sweet mod. Holds the wheel in place when doing tire changes without the axle in.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
Hey JD... I see you have some measurements already.... but if you need more, shoot me a pm with whatever measurements you need and I'll get them for you. The bike has the tail off right now, so it's not a problem.

Good luck, and I remember when you were first planning this mod... can't wait to see what you come up with. Pure sex!!

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah just did some off post searching and have a very nice peice of aluminum sheet i will use for the mock up 24"x40" for $40 a damn steal compared to stateside, is also .8mm thick, then do the final in Carbon fiber..

still waiting on the speedcell battry to come of back order, damn it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts