Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 zx6r that is having an odd problem. I did a coolant flush yesterday and I was finishing it up today and put some water through to clean it out. I took out the cylinder 1 drain plug and a lot of water came out like expected but once the water was gonna a stream of oil came out. I don't think it's the head gasket because it's too much oil. When I drain the plug by the water pump no oil comes out. It's only leaking oil from the cylinder one side, but like I said it's way too much for it to be a head gasket. It was so much oil that it effectively drained the bike of oil. I have no Idea so that's why i'm here...

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a 2005 zx6r that is having an odd problem. I did a coolant flush yesterday and I was finishing it up today and put some water through to clean it out. I took out the cylinder 1 drain plug and a lot of water came out like expected but once the water was gonna a stream of oil came out. I don't think it's the head gasket because it's too much oil. When I drain the plug by the water pump no oil comes out. It's only leaking oil from the cylinder one side, but like I said it's way too much for it to be a head gasket. It was so much oil that it effectively drained the bike of oil. I have no Idea so that's why i'm here...
What? Verify....are you *sure* that is a fact? suffice to say you've made an error somewhere or a misstatement in your post?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, i just dropped the oil and about a gallon of water came out with the remaining oil. I'm at a loss for words I have no idea...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Was the coolent mixed with oil when you drained it, was there coolent in the oil? I have to aggree with BigBadArse that something is missing from your post and you should walk us through every thein, pre-job bike operation and performance, what you did and what everything looked like, how and where you removed the #1 drain bolt, photos do help.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yup, I dunno...short of adding coolant to the crankcase and oil in the coolant reservoir.....no, you didn't, did you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it's a long story but short story is that the drain bolt snapped and had to be re tapped which it was fine for days until I drained everything and the oil appeared. the re tapping happened a while ago so I don't know if it's relevant or not.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The tapping procedure didn't erroneously break into a closeby internal oil port or pathway, did it? In other words...a tap or drill longer than needed for the drain plug being inserted into and through the targeted plug threads ...invading and penetrating further inside, breaking or penetrating into the wall of an oil port of some sort? Was any drilling done through the drain plug opening during thread repair?

I'd think you have some disassembly and very careful, fine inspection, inboard through that plug opening. A micro camera type device may even save some tear down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts