Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i didn't want to open a new thread but i did a lot of searching and cant seem to find anything on how to install the 07-08 MC correctly on my bike (2004rr). does anyone have pictures on how they mounted the MC on the clip on? im really stuck and my bikes been out of commission due to this. please help!!!

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
It's not rocket science man, it should bolt right up as long as you have the correct brake lines. Can you post pictures of what you have going on now?

·
Registered
17,507 Posts
Lol. Is this a joke?

The mc clamps on just the same as the stock. Just need different lines like Jason said.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
been working on the bike and here's what i got...my main concern is how the brake light switch is pushed up against the shock (see the third pic). what do you guys think? is that normal? i heard someone mentioning that an aftermarket clip on will solve the problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,507 Posts
since your MC (attached to your clip on, which is attached to your fork tube) will move with the fork tube, if its touching it will be fine.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about the switch touching the fork leg. Fill up the reservoir, bleed the system, and freakin' ride. Enjoy the much improved stopping power! I'm running a 2009 CBR600RR front master cylinder and calipers. Wow what an improvement over the old ZX6R calipers and master (05/06 I mean).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok great! Thanks for the response fellas, the braking system feels awesome... cheers!

·
Registered
416 Posts
When you place a radial master, is it really necessary to install a different brake line, or can you use the old one and just fold it a little?

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
You'll want to match the lines to the calipers and master cylinder. No sense with these bikes being older to upgrade those components and leave rubber lines. And the lines for the 07/08 are a bit shorter than the 05/06 lines.

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
Anything for an 07/08 will work. The superbike style (single outlet to a tee) would be the best, or you can rotate the throttle cables above the brake lever and use the normal dual banjo outlet. I can grab pics of my setup later tonight.

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
Neither is really better. I know the single outlet is more expensive.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Well, I have some stainless lines on the regular '03 ZX6R master cylinder, but I guess they need to be changed because they are too long? It's only 1 line on the master itself actually, then a second line going from caliper one to caliper two :)

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
That will work fine with the 03/04 calipers. But not the 05/06 or 07/08 versions.

·
Registered
17,507 Posts
the problem with running the 03/04 lines on a radial master cylinder (in lieu of linear) will be the bend of the banjo and how they are rotated on the lines before crimped.

if you can get the bolt in the master, your lines will be crazy distorted, twisted, or kinked.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hey guys, I have found a ZZR1400 master cylinder for a good price and found an adapter to fit my current lines on the radial master :eek:

·
Registered
17,507 Posts
Hey guys, I have found a ZZR1400 master cylinder for a good price and found an adapter to fit my current lines on the radial master :eek:
an adapter?

doesnt sound good. can you post a pic?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts