Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Help!!! on 07-08 radial MC on 2004rr

2K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Mark-J 
#1 ·
hey guys i didn't want to open a new thread but i did a lot of searching and cant seem to find anything on how to install the 07-08 MC correctly on my bike (2004rr). does anyone have pictures on how they mounted the MC on the clip on? im really stuck and my bikes been out of commission due to this. please help!!!

#2 ·
It's not rocket science man, it should bolt right up as long as you have the correct brake lines. Can you post pictures of what you have going on now?

#5 ·
been working on the bike and here's what i got...my main concern is how the brake light switch is pushed up against the shock (see the third pic). what do you guys think? is that normal? i heard someone mentioning that an aftermarket clip on will solve the problem.

Attachments

#7 ·
Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about the switch touching the fork leg. Fill up the reservoir, bleed the system, and freakin' ride. Enjoy the much improved stopping power! I'm running a 2009 CBR600RR front master cylinder and calipers. Wow what an improvement over the old ZX6R calipers and master (05/06 I mean).

#10 ·
You'll want to match the lines to the calipers and master cylinder. No sense with these bikes being older to upgrade those components and leave rubber lines. And the lines for the 07/08 are a bit shorter than the 05/06 lines.

#12 ·
Anything for an 07/08 will work. The superbike style (single outlet to a tee) would be the best, or you can rotate the throttle cables above the brake lever and use the normal dual banjo outlet. I can grab pics of my setup later tonight.

#15 ·
Well, I have some stainless lines on the regular '03 ZX6R master cylinder, but I guess they need to be changed because they are too long? It's only 1 line on the master itself actually, then a second line going from caliper one to caliper two :)

#17 ·
the problem with running the 03/04 lines on a radial master cylinder (in lieu of linear) will be the bend of the banjo and how they are rotated on the lines before crimped.

if you can get the bolt in the master, your lines will be crazy distorted, twisted, or kinked.

#22 ·
Well guys, after some research and price checking I decided to buy a Brembo RCS19 at a garage :D They're gonna install it for me. To solve the brake line issue the mechanic is gonna take the current banjo off and place a radial-type banjo :)

#23 ·
-The start/stop switch (has a nipple that goes into the clipon to keep it in place, it kinda has to be broken or cut off, which you may do on accident anyway) and throttle will slide down the clip-on. And reposition the overflow bottle to accomidate your new MC.
You may have to cut the MC's brake line guide because they keep the brake line either too close to the forks or too close to the back-swing of the brake lever.

- and as for SS lines, pretty much any SS line will work.
The ones I have are from 07/08 6R, they're too short to be one banjod but lil long to be relayed, but it works.

I took my 07 MC off, and with the stock MC, ss lines, and nissins...its still a much better riding experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.