Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lowering links on my bike, have had them for about year. But they are at stock height.

I want to lower it 1 notch.

How much do i have to lower the front to even it out. So it dosent feel weird?

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
better have someone to help. it can be done by yourself, but if you let it slide to far, it's hell to bring it back up lol

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yea, just loosen up the bolts and allow the fork tubes to slide about a half an inch through the triple clamp.
Does anyone know how many bolts there are to loosen? I have tried twice by loosening the upper triple clamp 2 bolts(1 on each side) and the lower triple clamp 4 bolts(2 on each side) and the forks won't budge, I tried twisting them and everything, am I missing some bolts?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does anyone know how many bolts there are to loosen? I have tried twice by loosening the upper triple clamp 2 bolts(1 on each side) and the lower triple clamp 4 bolts(2 on each side) and the forks won't budge, I tried twisting them and everything, am I missing some bolts?
there's 4 on top and 4 in the bottom..

·
Registered
280 Posts
that must be it, i will go check on my bike when I get back. I'm guessing they are on the opposite sides of each other? one towards the windshield and one towards the seat?

·
Registered
60 Posts
that must be it, i will go check on my bike when I get back. I'm guessing they are on the opposite sides of each other? one towards the windshield and one towards the seat?
there's 2 that hold the silver part of the triple t and thean 2 that hold the actual bars for the bike. just look at it you cant miss it.. if anything look for 2 screws going horizontal and 2 screws going vertical direction...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts