Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can consistently ride wheelies out through first but it always come down when i go to shift, how do u guys do it? clutchless or what? thanks.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Clutchless for me. I let the front down to about 10 oclock then quickly get off throttle, shift, and back on the throttle. Too much throttle will make her jump back up real fast.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i do it clutchless... but i keep it at the balance point and keep her going...then i shift into second with out letting off the gas

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
miny, do u think its easier or a better idea to learn by just clutching it up in second or starting in 1st then shift to 2nd?

·
Registered
999 Posts
I think it better to start in 2nd, I have seen alot more people loop it in 1st learning than in 2nd or they looped it shifting to 2nd. Also once you get clutching down it comes up so smooth and slow compared to 1st gear power wheelies.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I have to agree with miny. It is alot easier to control clutching it up in second, but once you learn how to do that you will be able to control first gear wheelies alot better and then you can learn shifting.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Still, between the first and second gear you always have the neutral..
and incase you hit neutral while wheeling your front will come down hard.
I've decided not to switch from first to second while wheeling, just bc I've seen too many loops and hit too many neutrals..

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I just started doing 2nd gear clutch ups and let me tell you. THIS IS THE WAY TO GO.
You will definitely be frustrated at first because it wont come up but once you get the hang of it you will see that they are butter just like minytrker said.

Gas and Pop!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I don't really pay that much attention to rpm but I am in second going 25 or 30mph. I give it WOT, pull in clutch about halfway with my index finger and snap it back out. I kind of just let my finger slide off of the lever. Getting up real high, back off the throttle to even it out and work the gas to keep it there. Keep the back brake covered. You will learn that it is best to actually use the back brake to help you control the wheelie, but that's on down the road. Don't go WOT your first time. Try half throttle or a little less til you get the hang of it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I guess I'll be the first to say on this thread that I bounce them up in 2nd. I was a non-believer at first but once you get the hang of it. I think and feel clutching it up is to unpredictable! Just my .02:)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Last weekend my buddy looped his cbr on the 1-2 shift, it was a scary thing to see. im know a believer in clutching, i avoid 1st gear wheelies too touchy, clutching is so smooth and slow to come up once you get it down...

·
Registered
219 Posts
i really like 1-2nd gear shifting....i feel really comfortable and i have never came close to looping it... here is a first to 2nd

·
Registered
211 Posts
yeah i have to agree with cyber, i ahve also just really started clutching 2nd and it is frustrating as hell at first since you get one here and there but nothing really consistent but they are starting to come up a little easier and easier. i would say the best 2nd gear i ever did was next to cyber on rt. 191 and i think he knows which one i am talking about;)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
jcamarca - 09/28/2003 : 12:22 PM

i do it clutchless... but i keep it at the balance point and keep her going...then i shift into second with out letting off the gas
How in the hell are you going to shift into second w/o letting off the gas? I might have to call BS on that one. If it was possible you would have to be really quick getting off the throttle when it goes into second which it is not unless you get off the gas. My bike won't shift like that and I am sure noone elses will either(including yours).

·
Registered
219 Posts
How in the hell are you going to shift into second w/o letting off the gas? I might have to call BS on that one. If it was possible you would have to be really quick getting off the throttle when it goes into second which it is not unless you get off the gas. My bike won't shift like that and I am sure noone elses will either(including yours).
listen tiger before u start talking all kinds of shit..find out how to do a wheelie..and yes i do shift without letting off the gas..i shift hard and it goes right into the gear..i know its not good for the gears but that is how i do it..any other rude comments? :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.