Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey brothers. I have a 2012 ZX6 and recently added some upgrades but keep throwing an FI light at high rpms

Upgrades done:
PCV
Driven Smog Block Off Plates
KN Air Filter
The Driven kit didn't include a plug like Ivan's to close the circuit of the original smog plug. I stripped the wire back and twisted the wire together to complete the circuit.
No problems at lower rpms but as soon as I hit 12+ the fi light comes on. It will turn off when the bike is shut off and restarted. Anyone have any idea as to why this is happening or what I need to do to fix it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did mines with resistors on my 08.

Found the specs on one of the forums but let me see if I have pictures somewhere.

Sent from my HTC One

·
Registered
330 Posts
Just cut off the Smog Plug end and attach a wire to each end. This will close the loop, you dont need any resistors. Some people on here use a paper clip and attach it to each end of the plug creating a loop. Either will work and is a quick fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Smog plug wire isn't the issue. Fixed it as suggested and still throwing the FI light. AM going to hook up my PCV and see if any software or maps are out of date.
Double checked all plugs, power and wiring to it and all ok. Also, have a servo elim installed; would it cause an FI light? Seems if it was the problem light would come on immediately rather than at high rpms

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ran firmware update and checked to make sure no error code presented on PCV. Map is still accurate for model and exhaust mods.
Head scratcher for sure. Should I take it to the dealer and have the code read?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts