Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have A 01 Zx 9r I Was Riding One Night And I Ran Out Of Gas....weni Reached To Put The Reserve On It Died Out On Me. I Pulled Over And Tried To Start It All It Did Was Crank So I Got Some Gas Filled It Up And Still Nothing. I Took It To My Garage Took Off The Carbs Cleaned Them Put New Float Needles In Them And Started It Up.....i Synchronized The Carbs Now Its Finally Running, Felt Like It Was Sputtering So I Took It Out For A Ride At Low Rpms It Seemed To Run Ok. But At Mid Range It Would Sputter And Felt Like Was Riding A 250cc. I Checked The Y Connector And Thats In Place Im Clueless As To What Else Could Be Causing A Problem Can Someone Please Help Me Out?!?!?!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Fuel blockage in the line or filter from sucking all the floaties in the tank thru maybe..? long shot, but check if you have alot of flow, it's the only thing i could come up with...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya thats what im thinking to but the fuel filter is new whats the easys why of checking my fuel flow

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good question too, i'd say to just pull the tank off, then pull the cut off/reserve valve switch and see if hose screen filters on the 'straws' are plugged up, if they look fine then blow out the line to the filter, if it's blocked that should clear it out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man thx for the help but the pet cock is clean and good so next im goin try to blow out the lines yo wouldnt know how i could check my fuel pump i dont have no gaug but i do have a voltmeter i just dont know what i need to check for

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I say fouled plugs!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if it was the plugs dont u think it would run funny trow all the rpm im thinking is when i gave the carbs to the tech to clean he remove the tps threw it out adjustment thats what im thinking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts