Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode up to the new Yamaha dealer in town just to kind of check the place out and I end up about to trade the sixxer in on a new 2002 R1!!!! That is one sweet looking bike. I started to talk some numbers just for the hell of it so they offer me $4000 for my ninja(A 2000 with 9000 mi)and they want my bike plus $6500. I was still undecided and then the owner comes out and starts throwing in all this extra stuff, first he offers me a helmet and I say no, so then he tells me 3 year extended warranty! Wow now he has my attention. I keep bargaining until the throws in a slip on pipe and some frame sliders. I still think i'm getting shorted on the 6R so I told them I'd have to think about it and I'd be back tuesday.

I really don't know what to do. I still like my bike and all, but that Yammie is F'n SWEET. Please Kawi brothers talk me out of going blue!

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Well, I am not going to talk you out of anything because it is your choice. If you are looking for a faster bike, then that is a pretty good deal when they start throwing all those extras in. You are always going to take a hit on a trade-in because the dealer wants to make money on that trade.

·
Registered
316 Posts
That one is a tuff choice. If you honestly like it, and you feel like you can get a good deal, then go for it, but it does seem pretty good. You might want to get the vin off of it, and make sure it hasn't been dropped. Not likely, but I don't want to see someone get burned on a deal either. If the owner is willing to throw in all that extra stuff, go for more, see how much he will give it to you for. Good luck. Or, you could always wait until the ZX 10 comes out, and then beat all the R1s on the street!

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just did a track day:D:D:D:D. Was awesome but because of the alititude and my fat ass the poor ol zx6r battled a bit:(. Came home and started to check out bigger bikes and almost bought a GSXR1000[:0] - phew close call[:I]. Decided to stick with the best bike in the world (ZX6R 01) and do her up a bit[8D]. Put pipe, K&N, maybee blue print the engine and go an kick the others asses at the track!!:D

Sorry, I thought you could ride!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I would personally hold off. Your bike is not old. Just remember that there will always be a newer bike that you will want. Or if you have the funds, fuck it and buy:D

Hell was full...so I came back
Friends don't let friends drive Hondas

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well... I went back yesterday and that is the best deal I'm going to get. I'm still thinking about it. I don't know if I can wait until ZX10R comes out, probably like a year from now.

I do know right now the R1 is probably the best sportbike out. I would love to have one and in my heart I believe I'm ready to step up to a literbike.

I think I might just shop around a little bit and see what kind of deal I can get somewhere else.

If anyone runs across a smokin deal let me know please.

·
Registered
34 Posts
How much do you owe on the sixxer? The r6 out the door should be no more than $8000 with the new 03's in now. He is trying to f you it sounds like. So depending on if you owe anthing on your bike as to what i would do. Chances are if he is throwing in all kinds of crap he is f'ing you. they wont throw in anything if you are getting a good deal. Trust me i have bought many many new bikes> i know all the little tricks they try to pull to make you think you are getting a good deal.

im sorry officer i guess i didnt see you..

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by Blazini

I do know right now the R1 is probably the best sportbike out. I would love to have one and in my heart I believe I'm ready to step up to a literbike.
... according to WHO? I don't think it's won any shootouts lately. I think there's a good many Gix 1000 owners who would love to take you up on that. Yeah the R1 is a great bike, but I don't know that it's the best sportbike out there...

I'm not questioning you, if you say you want a big-bore bike, you da man. However, you might be surprised to find at your next track day that you're actually a good chunk slower on the new bike. I know plenty of people that find out that exact thing. But hey, it's all about what makes your heart go "thump thump thump" at the end of the day right? And only YOU can decide if this is the bike for you, never mind what other people tell you.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.