Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting my swingarm powdercoated tomorrow along with rims and rearsets and passenger pegs....does anyone know how to remove this in the swingarm?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm well thats not the best idea i tried slightly pounding them out but they didnt move and in the third picture there is a little wavey plastic piece that you can barley see thats holding in the bearing it seems

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Pull up the exploded view of the swingarm on Ron Ayers. You will see there is a snap ring on the exhaust sid ethat you remove and the whole bearing assembly will come out of that side.

·
Registered
373 Posts
how do you remove those snap rings?? i need to get the stupid rubber thing out of my barends that im replacing and theres a c clip holding it in :(

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well in the 3rd picture there is a plastic circlip its called...anyone know how to get that out?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm still cant figure it out guess ill just break it..?

·
Registered
547 Posts
some in the past have used a hammer and a socket, but that will cause a lot of damage. To do it right, youll need three tools...Circlip pliers, oil seal & bearing removal tool, and then a bearing driver set. If you dont feel like buying all of that youll need to take it do the deal to have them remove it and reinstall it all.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hm well looks like im getting it coated with the bearings in there [:p] just replace them later i guess

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well the place i take it to to have them removed will probably charge me $30 anyways to take them out i think they charged me $40 to have JUST the bearings removed from my wheels and said i needed to replace them anyways and thats another $60 it just all adds up

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I am going to remove my swingarm bearings on my 03 tomorrow. I'll let you know how I removed them without buying the driver tool. You can get replacement bearing from a company called allballsracing, they are a lot cheaper than stock. Most shops can get them or you can call and order them, their site is allballsracing.com

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alright cool thanks yeah definately let me know how it goes and how you did it

oh and i just checked out allballsracing.com and their bearings only go up to 2000 from what i saw they didnt have any pricing for others

·
Registered
356 Posts
If you powdercoat it with the bearings in place, you may break sections of the powdercoating off when you try to remove them later. Also, make sure they don't powdercoat the inner surface of that area, or the beveled surface just before it. Removing the powdercoat to get the bearings in, is going to be a PITA.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes i am going with the candy red i believe..ill post pics when im done..but i had an extra swingarm laying around so im going to see what it looks like coated red..therefor i dont HAVE to use it

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Sorry it took so long but here's my solution take it to a shop that has the tool to remove them. I did'nt have any problems removing the ball bearings but the needle bearings were a different story. I had planed to just buy the tool that it called for in the repair manual until I found out it was over $300.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.